Does rombot use rom api?

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
fredgsanford

Does rombot use rom api?

#1 Post by fredgsanford » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:55 am

Hi new here and wondering does rombot use rom api? If so I notice that rombot uses hotbar to cast spells by using the binding its set to.
But if your using api wouldn't it be better to tell bot to use the api to use the the hotbar slots as there numbered in game ie there numbered 1-80 and I know nbuff addon uses them to cast buffs without having to have a binding set to that slot. Would mean being able to cast more spells then just having the non modded (ie ctrl alt shift keys) key bindings would since rombot doesn't let you use them keys?

Just a thought not sure how hard to add it to bot but might be something to think about adding is all.

So far great bot although have not actually ran it looks nice from what i have read and seen.

d003232

Re: Does rombot use rom api?

#2 Post by d003232 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:35 am

fredgsanford wrote:Hi new here and wondering does rombot use rom api? If so I notice that rombot uses hotbar to cast spells by using the binding its set to.
But if your using api wouldn't it be better to tell bot to use the api to use the the hotbar slots as there numbered in game ie there numbered 1-80 and I know nbuff addon uses them to cast buffs without having to have a binding set to that slot. Would mean being able to cast more spells then just having the non modded (ie ctrl alt shift keys) key bindings would since rombot doesn't let you use them keys?

Just a thought not sure how hard to add it to bot but might be something to think about adding is all.

So far great bot although have not actually ran it looks nice from what i have read and seen.
The bot use the RoM API for different thing. Also for casting spell if they are added automaticly by skill levelups. It would need the maintenance of some informations to also activate that for all spells.

Thereby at the moment you have to assign hotkeys for using spells in your profile.
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

fredgsanford

Re: Does rombot use rom api?

#3 Post by fredgsanford » Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:46 pm

ahh ok just thought that since api uses the hotbar slots as apposed to an actual key binding that it might not be that hard to add. Would still have to have skills on hotbars just not dependent on key bindings is all. ie in api i think the command to use a slow it
UseAction(slot); where slot is the # of the slot with lower bar being 1-20 upper bar is 21-40 and so on
Something to think about anyway not even sure its best way to go but kinda nice feature since it doesn't require clicks at all. Not even positive thats the command just looks like it from looking in nbuff addon.

Just trying to help with ideas anyway but prob not needed as bot seems good without it as i just tried the 1-10 script very nice.