the red target circle on the bottom after clear target

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
d003232

the red target circle on the bottom after clear target

#1 Post by d003232 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:24 pm

If the bot has a target and clear that with 'self:clearTarget();', the red target circle on the bottom of that mob is still there. That is sometime confusing, since I dont really see, which mob do I have in the target now.

If I use the ingame clear target button ( = ESC) the red circle disapears. I'm wondering if it isn't a little dirty to use the 'self:clearTarget();'? Couldn't that result in problems with the client, in errors or could it be detectable? Wouldn't it be more save to use the ingame hotkey?
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: the red target circle on the bottom after clear target

#2 Post by Administrator » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:33 pm

clearTarget() is kind of hackish. It is, however, faster and more reliable. What it does it resets the player's target pointer back to NULL (empty). This does not trigger the UI to clear the 'targeted' flag from your target (hence the red circle), nor does it call the functions to tell the UI to reset the healthbars at the top of the screen. Doing those could potentially cause instability, hence they aren't done.

It can't really be used to detect this bot. Doing so would be silly, and result in a lot of players being caught for botting when they've never botted. Plus, that would be a really weird way to try and catch a bot. It's safe.

You can change clearTarget() to press ESCAPE. It works. However, like I said, it is a bit slower (by about 50ms), and sometimes causes the menu in game to open and stay open until you close it. It's not a big problem, though.