suggestion: wait state at pause / did you ever died in pause

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
d003232

suggestion: wait state at pause / did you ever died in pause

#1 Post by d003232 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:38 am

At the moment you can press the stop key (= END-KEY) to pause the bot and resume it with the start key.

Did you ever die because you pressed the stop key? I did. Sometimes it was a mistake and I died from an attacking mob. Sometimes respawn at an assumed secure spot and sometimes simply by a low pk player who discovered that I'm afk.

So my suggestion would be to change the 'pause' mode to a 'sleep' mode. Means instead of pause the whole bot if should only pause the 'moving' function. Thereby the bot would stand and looks like 'sleeping'. As the 'acquire target' function is within the moving function, the bot would also don't select a new target.

But the new thing would be, if a mob or PK player would attack the 'sleeping' bot, it would still be able to fight back automaticly.
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

Administrator
Site Admin

Re: suggestion: wait state at pause / did you ever died in pause

#2 Post by Administrator » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:03 am

Doing that would prevent you from pausing it, moving to a new spot, then resuming. What version of MicroMacro are you using, anyways? It was changed a long time ago to only accept pause and resume hotkeys when either the target window (RoM in this case) or MicroMacro itself are in the foreground (only applicable when in attached mode, which is used in RoM). Unless you've got RoM or MicroMacro on top when you press DELETE, it should not be pausing.

d003232

#3 Post by d003232 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:42 am

Administrator wrote:... only accept pause and resume hotkeys when either the target window (RoM in this case) or MicroMacro itself are in the foreground (only applicable when in attached mode, which is used in RoM). Unless you've got RoM or MicroMacro on top when you press DELETE, it should not be pausing.
It's not a bug. I'm using at the moment SVN 55. And I have RoM running in windowed mode. Sometimes 2 windows. Sometimes 3 RoM windows. So it is sometimes just an error of mine, jumping between the windows and have the wrong window at the focus. And sometimes it is intended to press the pause key, since I want to look something in the coding or do something else and want the bot to wait.

From there I tought it would good to have a sleep mode. Or perhaps:
- press stop 1x => Sleep Mode => no running, no targeting, still fight back
- press stop 2x => Stop mode => bot is really stopping

3cmSailorfuku

#4 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:38 am

Ever thought of getting uberflex? It will counterattack if someone starts attacking you.

d003232

#5 Post by d003232 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:40 am

3cmSailorfuku wrote:Ever thought of getting uberflex? It will counterattack if someone starts attacking you.
Is it compatibl with the bot? Means running both parallel?

EDIT: Arggg -> Current Version: v13.06.7032 (14-MAY-2009) *PROJECT CLOSED*

3cmSailorfuku

#6 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:44 pm

d003232 wrote:
3cmSailorfuku wrote:Ever thought of getting uberflex? It will counterattack if someone starts attacking you.
Is it compatibl with the bot? Means running both parallel?

EDIT: Arggg -> Current Version: v13.06.7032 (14-MAY-2009) *PROJECT CLOSED*
Works fine in combination with the bot for me. Just setup a hotkey ingame with /engage and /disengage and let the bot make use of it however you want.