The new Harverst Function is really great !!!

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
d003232

The new Harverst Function is really great !!!

#1 Post by d003232 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:28 am

Just tested today the new harvest bot option. Thats really great! Great work. It works without problems ... running and harvesting. Fine.

I did a little patch for me, because I start in the beginning area and only want to harvest and not to fight mobs. Think thats the same if you harvest as a High-Level Char in a small level area. You don't want to fight all the mobs. I added a profile option:

Code: Select all

<option name="HARVEST_ONLY" value="true" />
and added three lines in the player.lua before 'if( canTarget and (not ignoreCycleTargets) and (not self.Battling) ) then' in line 552

if( settings.profile.options.HARVEST_ONLY == true ) then      	-- <<< ADD THIS
			canTarget = false;															-- <<< ADD THIS
		end;											-- <<< ADD THIS

if( canTarget and (not ignoreCycleTargets) and (not self.Battling) ) then
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

3cmSailorfuku

Re: The new Harverst Function is really great !!!

#2 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:49 am

Read.
Waypoint scripting specifics:
You are able to customize your waypoints a bit more by editing them by hand. This allows you to set per-waypoint instructions and scripts.
  • type
    • This allows you to set the type of waypoint this is. Currently, only the following types are accepted:
      • NORMAL : A normal waypoint; attack anything in the way.
        TRAVEL : Walk directly to the waypoint; do not target and attack unless provoked.
      Example: <waypoint x="1234" z="5678" type="TRAVEL"></waypoint>

d003232

#3 Post by d003232 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:58 am

3cmSailorfuku wrote:Read.
Yes, you are right, thats a option.

I think, it depends from the level of my char, if I could run around without fighting the mobs. Thats the reason, that I dont want to define it in the waypoints.
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

3cmSailorfuku

#4 Post by 3cmSailorfuku » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:04 am

d003232 wrote:
3cmSailorfuku wrote:Read.
Yes, you are right, thats a option.

I think, it depends from the level of my char, if I could run around without fighting the mobs. Thats the reason, that I dont want to define it in the waypoints.
Your reason would imply that you can't run around freely, which contradicts the meaning of the thread.
A global toggle sure is nice, but I think it should be kept inside the waypoint so it doesn't fuck around with your actual gathering waypoints and fighting waypoints or both combined. There might be Waypoints where harvesting & fighting is required on different sections, so it might be a generally bad idea to confuse people with this when they only change the waypoint and not the toggle in the profile. Wouldn't it be better to include this into a waypoint?
eg <waypoint mode="TRAVEL"> that counts for all the next loaded waypoints until different.

<waypoints>
        <waypoint mode="TRAVEL">
	<!-- # 1 --><waypoint x="-915" z="-9876">player:harvest();</waypoint> -- TRAVEL
	<!-- # 2 --><waypoint x="-1022" z="-9725">player:harvest();</waypoint> -- TRAVEL
        <waypoint mode="NORMAL">
	<!-- # 3 --><waypoint x="-1106" z="-9695"></waypoint> -- FIGHT
	<!-- # 4 --><waypoint x="-1479" z="-9846"></waypoint> -- FIGHT
</waypoints>

Administrator
Site Admin

#5 Post by Administrator » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:17 pm

When the next updates to waypoints come, I plan to add a single toggle to the outer-limit tag for waypoint scripts. This means, you set it once in the waypoint script and forget about it. It would look like this:

<waypoints type="TRAVEL">
  <waypoint ...>
  </waypoint>

<waypoint ...>
  </waypoint>
</waypoints>
All waypoints inside that script would inherit the 'travel' type from their parent, meaning that they would all travel directly to waypoints without targetting and attacking.

wallofchaos

#6 Post by wallofchaos » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:40 am

Nice d003232. Thanks for the code. This is perfect for the noob non agro zones. :)