lua51.dll

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
smokyru

lua51.dll

#1 Post by smokyru » Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:56 pm

Dear botters, hi

I saw some threads about it, but no one has answered it yet, and i wasn't feeling like bumping an old thread: i am getting the error involving lua51.dll gone missing, and the advised re-installation does not help.

I'm wondering, is it actually even related to rombot? And, of course, how can i solve it?

Just in case, let me remind you:

when starting micromacro.exe, a windows error pops up, saying something like (translating):
"This application couldn't start because lua51.dll cannot be found. Reinstallation may solve this problem."

The most :shock: is that i can't even find what changed between last time it worked and first time i got this. Was working after SVN+update+memorytable.lua changing. And, the day after this, the dll is missing oO

tl;dr: micromacro.exe not launching; lua51.dll missing. What do?

taran

Re: lua51.dll

#2 Post by taran » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:58 pm

I suspect (because it happened to me on two seperate systems) that your Virus scanner suddenly decided that lua51.dll was a 'trojan' or a 'virus' and decided to delete or quarantinee it..

i have no idea why this is making the rounds across the virus scanner community *rolls eyes*... My norton suddenly started to pick it up as one a few weeks ago.. my solution disable scanning for that file OR for that directory..

smokyru

#3 Post by smokyru » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:20 pm

That's an interesting thought. Would you happen to know where is that file meant to be? is it a micromacro file, or windows one? And, how could i get it back (if it has indeed been deleted by antivir)

Edit: was in quarantaine. Restored it, and it works. Huge thanks to you, kind sir!

taran

#4 Post by taran » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:55 pm

It is a file needed by Micromacro, glad you were able to restore it but most likely your virus scanner will pick it up again if you don't put in some kind of exclusion for that sub-directory or file..

:)

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:13 am

I thought the virus problems was due to the way it was UPX packed? From what I understand, the latest version is not UPX packed so shouldn't cause problems.

What version are you using? Did you try this one?
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 652#p10652
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

smokyru

#6 Post by smokyru » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:12 am

Nope, didn't try it. When you said "last version", you meant this one (1.01)?

Anyway, even if he picks it up again, i'll just restore and add an exception.

If you find out why it was considered as a threat by the antivirus (using avast here), feel free to share :)

wizzyslo

#7 Post by wizzyslo » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:14 pm

I had same problem here with Avast but they fix it. Not anymore virus :D

taran

#8 Post by taran » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:51 pm

I actually haven't updated micromacro forever.. just the Romscript.. *rofl* i guess i should do that!

still on 1.0 beta 7

rock5

#9 Post by rock5 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:48 pm

taran wrote:I actually haven't updated micromacro forever.. just the Romscript.. *rofl* i guess i should do that!

still on 1.0 beta 7
Normally you don't need to update micromacro. I suggest, if it's working and you're happy with it, don't mess with it.

When I updated it, it was because I wanted better control of the window size, which the newer version gave me but I believe there has only been minor changes made for awhile.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro