ks farming strats

Talk about anything in Runes of Magic. This does not need to pertain to botting.
lisa

ks farming strats

#1 Post by lisa » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:28 pm

Putting this in RoM general as it is more about characters than actual botting, even though the chars are botting.

Ok so I have been comparing the profitability (gold/hour) of different types of KS farming.

All chars use housemaid pot and honor party, no other MF, not even + wings.
runs take 6-7 mins and stop before the frog boss, usually 150-160 items in bag
Normal mounts.

mage low geared
900K -- added in character looting in areas with lots of mobs

priest OP

scout OP
RC1 - 950k

Could slow down mage so pet gets all the loot, defeats purpose of aoeing everything though lol
(done and gold/hour went up a lot)
gh.jpg
current mage WP (16th Dec 2012)
tries to avoid first boss
KSmagma.xml
V 5.1 Improved flying past first boss.
(14.85 KiB) Downloaded 667 times
current ranged dps (not mage) (16th Dec 2012)
kills first boss
KSira.xml
V 5.0 kills first boss.
(13.99 KiB) Downloaded 464 times
current frog farm (16th Dec 2012)
goes in kills frogs, leaves out entrance portal.
Rinse and repeat until bags are full and then sells it to NPC.
Works well for mage with thunderstorm.
Uses Rock's gotoportal function.
ksfrogs.xml
V 1.5
(5.03 KiB) Downloaded 508 times
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

lisa

Re: ks farming strats

#2 Post by lisa » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:29 pm

--=== Mage AoE with heal offspec ===--
Stats:
Low lvl -- 60ish
Low geared -- 15k HP, 20k Mattack, 3k Mdamage

all 6 bags
eggpet with perfume
housemaid luck pot

Result:
Adjusted WP to loot in crowded areas to help pet loot,
900K now

Comments:
The runs are very fast, the killing is done very fast with thunderstorm and purgatory fire. Skips bosses and never looks like dieing.
I believe the killing is to fast and the eggpet misses loot, often.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

lisa

#3 Post by lisa » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:33 pm

--=== priest/* ===--
Stats:
lvl 75ish
lvl gear, very OP for KS, kills bosses in a few attacks

all 6 bags
eggpet with perfume
housemaid luck pot

Result:
850,000 gold per hour
RC1, still 850k but is missing loot as going faster, I'll adjust WP to make sure it gets all loot.

Comments:
Instant skill attacks that kill any mob, no AoE.
Bosses die in just a few attacks so no point flying past them.
Runs are noticably slower than mage but gold/hour is higher, bags are more full when at vendor even though same amount of MF.

grande

#4 Post by grande » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:11 pm

Very informative and helpful for me. Thank you very much for sharing.

lisa

#5 Post by lisa » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:15 pm

--=== scout/Not heal ===--
Stats:
lvl 75ish
lvl gear, very OP for KS, kills bosses in a few attacks

all 6 bags
eggpet with perfume
housemaid luck pot

Result:
890,000 gold per hour

Comments:
Instant skill attacks that kill any mob, no AoE.
Bosses die in just a few attacks so no point flying past them.

Very similar to Priest, I might adjust it to use skills that attack more than 1 mob as priority.

squeekthegeek

#6 Post by squeekthegeek » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:32 pm

Wow that's a lot. I never managed to go higer than 350k ish per hour.

Are you using a waypoint that's in "Userfunctions, waypoint scripts, etc." if yes i'd really like to know which one that is...

Hidden

#7 Post by Hidden » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:33 pm

--=== Mage AoE with heal offspec ===--
Stats:
lvl -- 60
Low geared -- 16k HP, 23k Mattack, 3.3k Mdamage

all 6 bags
housemaid luck pot
Loot III
+4 wings
20% zodiac pet buff (2 hour)

Result:
950k g/ph over 6 hours

Comments:
Fast Runs avg 13mins, WP could be more efficient, could do with a water crossing mount.
(Never tested Purfume only 1 day (6hr) ones avail at 25 dia each so would have to add 100k per hour just to cover the cost of using it)
Set-up for 4 skills Tstorm, Purg, Fireball and heals

lisa

#8 Post by lisa » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:02 pm

squeekthegeek wrote:Wow that's a lot. I never managed to go higer than 350k ish per hour.

Are you using a waypoint that's in "Userfunctions, waypoint scripts, etc." if yes i'd really like to know which one that is...
do a forum search for ksmagma, I posted it somewhere, only a few changes here and there since I posted it.
Hidden wrote:Never tested Purfume only 1 day (6hr) ones avail at 25 dia each so would have to add 100k per hour just to cover the cost of using it)
yes but item lasts for 24 hours, buff duration is 6 hours, so you just keep using the item to get to 30 hours of usage, if you manage to use it just before item expires.

It is well worth having pet perfume, just need to tweak turning loot on and off in the busy areas. This is what I use for mage atm.
KSmagma.xml
(15.96 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
I should mention I use honor party aswell, housemaid is my only MF boost but honor party increases drops aswell.

Ohh yeah in KS always have the profile option LOOT_SIGILS as false.

--=== Note ===--
1. This is designed to be used with a pet using pet perfume, the bot won't loot on it's own.
2. It uses the addon Invite Last Group for party invites
3. Buy honor scrolls for optimal G/H
4. It doesn't kill bosses
5. It uses the userfunction to set window
6. It uses the fly hack userfunction to fly over bosses
7. It is designed for solo killing, not with another char tagging along for the ride
8. It assumes you have all 6 inventory bags

If you don't have all the things mentioned then you should get them lol

This is the code for 30 day pet perfume for usage in your profile.

Code: Select all

<onLeaveCombat><![CDATA[
	if not player:hasBuff(503479) then -- pet perfume 30 days
		inventory:useItem(204514)
	end	
	]]></onLeaveCombat>
This is 7 day version

if not player:hasBuff(503479) then -- pet perfume
		inventory:useItem(207582)
	end

Hidden

#9 Post by Hidden » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:03 am

lisa wrote:
Hidden wrote:Never tested Purfume only 1 day (6hr) ones avail at 25 dia each so would have to add 100k per hour just to cover the cost of using it)
yes but item lasts for 24 hours, buff duration is 6 hours, so you just keep using the item to get to 30 hours of usage, if you manage to use it just before item expires.

It is well worth having pet perfume, just need to tweak turning loot on and off in the busy areas. This is what I use for mage atm.
KSmagma.xml
I should mention I use honor party aswell, housemaid is my only MF boost but honor party increases drops aswell.

Ohh yeah in KS always have the profile option LOOT_SIGILS as false.
Yeah honor party is standard gph drops massively without it.
I think that's the base script I used and made a few changes, still need to change from pancer to ks as to avoid the fall i made it fly down the cliff,
Want to get a water crossing mount and get it to ignore the hp drop until it enters KS, and change skills where T-storm
seems to cast at invisible walls and such but 900k+ per hour its really not a big stress.

Didn't know you could use perfume more than once did wonder why it said 1 day yet the buff was for 6 hours will have to give it a shot.
Is it better to help the pet loot the frog/salamander groups? the rest seem reasonably well spread.

Oh and Escape Artist title and an Apply pots function that uses Unbridled, Lucky Target and Housemaid Damage food

lisa

#10 Post by lisa » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:13 am

Hidden wrote:Oh and Escape Artist title and an Apply pots function that uses Unbridled, Lucky Target and Housemaid Damage food
If you don't use perfume then yes stack as much speed as you can, I used to use speed hack but getting pulled back occasionally really messed with things.
If you use perfume more speed means you can miss more loot, need to tweak the WP to turn on and off looting to get the best G/H
Hidden wrote:Is it better to help the pet loot the frog/salamander groups? the rest seem reasonably well spread.
My current version, not posted, turns loot on and off maybe 3 times, so it helps loot in 3 sections. Basically any place where the bot starts to 1 shot 4 mobs with TS, pet just can't keep up with that pace, unfortunately bot and pet seem to try looting same mobs if you get the timing bad when turning on loot.
Hidden wrote:Want to get a water crossing mount and get it to ignore the hp drop until it enters KS,
current version doesn't bother to heal up until it get's dismounted by water, I should probably buy a water mount aswell, then it will enter instance before trying to heal up.

I use 4 chars atm and rotate between them each day, well doing 2 at a time atm as I had a few honor scrolls to use up.
I have another 4 or so chars that are 51+ I am lvling up for KS, might get them geared next week when they hit lvl 55.

House maids take forever to lvl lol

wulf

#11 Post by wulf » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:54 am

Is it not better to continue the run with perfume also with full backpack and nothing to throw away? Does a pet not work as a "store" with a full backpack?

rock5

#12 Post by rock5 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:10 am

Yes, my script keeps going until the itemqueue is full. You can use the ItemQueueCount() function to check the queue.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#13 Post by lisa » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:03 am

rock5 wrote:Yes, my script keeps going until the itemqueue is full. You can use the ItemQueueCount() function to check the queue.
Yeah I can't remember exactly hoew many items it is, probably around 10.
wulf wrote:Is it not better to continue the run with perfume also with full backpack and nothing to throw away? Does a pet not work as a "store" with a full backpack?
That is why you use the merchant twice if bags are completely full.

if inventory:itemTotalCount(0) == 0 then -- make sure to get pet xtras
		player:merchant("Pancer");
		yrest(100);
	end
	player:merchant("Pancer");

wulf

#14 Post by wulf » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:44 am

lisa wrote:Yeah I can't remember exactly hoew many items it is, probably around 10.
Then it's not worth it. I thought this is an endless store.
lisa wrote: That is why you use the merchant twice if bags are completely full.
I meant the bagcheck function.

if inventory:itemTotalCount(0) == 0 then
 --leave
end

lisa

#15 Post by lisa » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:08 am

wulf wrote: meant the bagcheck function.
Yes but my pet is doing the looting, so it could have picked up another 10 items after bags were full before the check is done, it's not like the check is done on leave combat.
wulf wrote:I thought this is an endless store.
nope it isn't endless, if it was then you wouldn't bother to check if bags were full at all, just do an entire run to the end and then go sell it all.

rock5

#16 Post by rock5 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:24 am

lisa wrote:Yeah I can't remember exactly hoew many items it is, probably around 10.
It's 20 for looted items.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Hidden

#17 Post by Hidden » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:26 pm

lisa wrote: current version doesn't bother to heal up until it get's dismounted by water, I should probably buy a water mount aswell, then it will enter instance before trying to heal up.

I use 4 chars atm and rotate between them each day, well doing 2 at a time atm as I had a few honor scrolls to use up.
I have another 4 or so chars that are 51+ I am lvling up for KS, might get them geared next week when they hit lvl 55.

House maids take forever to lvl lol
Wow 8 characters... Im way to lazy for that should probably have built a mage that can plvl in Tosh.

Went looking through that script to see if i could find the pet perfume, couldnt see any other pots there either maybe I just over looked them
Grabbed the perfume from Bills YAKS Script also stole this awhile back

function KSApplyPots()
	if (useGoodie) then
		useGoodie("speed"); -- Unbridled Enthusiasm
		useGoodie("casting"); -- Clear Thought
		useGoodie("luck"); --Turn of Luck Powder Dust

useGoodie("mdmg"); -- Housekeeper Special Smoked Bacon with Herbs
        useGoodie("mdmg2"); -- Housekeeper Special Delicious Swamp Mix
	end
end	
Add function to onload then just call it at various waypoints, uses http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 952#p21952 usegoodie funtion.
(for those wanting to add it)

lisa

#18 Post by lisa » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:47 pm

I do potions in profile.

<onLeaveCombat><![CDATA[

if not player:hasBuff(503479) then -- pet perfume 30 days
		--inventory:useItem(204514) -- 30 day
		inventory:useItem(207582) --1 day
	end	
	if not player:hasBuff(506684) then -- Unbridled Enthusiasm
		inventory:useItem(207200)
	end
	if not player:hasBuff(506686) then -- clear thought
		inventory:useItem(207202)
	end	
	if not player:hasBuff(506687) then -- housemaid luck
		inventory:useItem(207203)
	end	

]]></onLeaveCombat>
adding them into the waypoint isn't ideal unless you are adding them into the profile onleavecombat in the WP onload.

You never want to run out of pet perfume and you never want to run out of housemaid luck pot. going 4 or 5 waypoints without either would be a huge loss in G/H

Wow 8 characters... Im way to lazy for that should probably have built a mage that can plvl in Tosh.
I'm actually a little more crazy than that, I have 4 accounts of lvl 50+ chars that I used to use for shell farming (minigames), atm I am looking at getting another 8 chars to lvl 55+ for KS.

As for being lazy, isn't that why we bot?

Hidden

#19 Post by Hidden » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:03 am

lisa wrote:I do potions in profile.
As for being lazy, isn't that why we bot?
That's why your the master :D never considered adding it there just had a few well timed spots but thats a much better idea.

My laziness extends all the way to writing the scripts... If I could bot my way to 50 then I would probably have alot more. Than all I would need is a few extra PC's

lisa

#20 Post by lisa » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:16 am

Hidden wrote:If I could bot my way to 50 then I would probably have alot more. Than all I would need is a few extra PC's
I botted the chars 1-10, headed to varanas to get second class. I then sat them near a high level char killing higher level mobs, which was botting. did that to 30/30, then sent them to heffner and botted from heffner along the road to some spot, farmed daily items and did a few long quest chains, all botted.

Eventually stopped at 50/30ish, botted or leached from a bot the whole time.

Literally spent like 30 mins playing each character manually.