ks farming strats

Talk about anything in Runes of Magic. This does not need to pertain to botting.
lisa

Re: ksfrogs

#41 Post by lisa » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:21 pm

Ok so did some tweaking and some testing with ksfrogs.

--=== Issues ===--
Egg pet would dissappear and no longer loot -- fixed by return & summon it every time entering instance, wastes 4 seconds.

Lots and lots of loading screens, Was getting errors with any timed functions because they would fail in the loadingscreen, fixed a few userfunctions because of it.

After an hour of running it would usually crash saying undefined player.Class1 in settings.lua -- not fixed, this was after maybe 20 loadingscreens.

--=== Gold/H results ===--
Mage using thunderstorm, 1.2M/H, same character easily gets 1M/H with ksmagma script.

--=== Comments ===--
Not sure I will bother to test it with any other type of characters, it does have a small increse in G/H but the number of loadingscreens makes it unreliable and prone to crashes.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

Re: ks farming strats

#42 Post by rock5 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:05 am

You know other people have reported the undefined player.Class1 error. If you can induce it, maybe we should have a stab at fixing it, assuming it's not because the client crashed or failed in some way.

I just put a character into a loop porting via npcs. It's ported over 500 times with no failure. :shock: I'm impressed. So the error is obviously not that easy to cause. I even reverted to the currently released RC2 just in case I inadvertently had fixed it with my current changes.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#43 Post by lisa » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:57 am

rock5 wrote:I just put a character into a loop porting via npcs. It's ported over 500 times with no failure.
maybe try using portal to instance instead of NPC porting, there is a difference.
When porting into an instance it creates a (new zone) as such just for your party, so serverside is actually creating the zone for you.
Where as NPC porting is just sending you to an already active area (zone)
I think this is a major cause to the issue, with constantly leaving and entering new instance ID's

Still had the egg pet bug on my last runs even though I restarted client, I will probably add in another check for it.

Basically the pet isn't there but it's memory value says it is summoned. You get the bonus stats from it but it won't loot anything, it also loses it's nourishment over time.

I did this after entering instance

Code: Select all

if not player:findnearestnameorid(egg.Name) then egg:Return() egg:Summon() end
Which worked, it is a last resort as such. That code isn't 100% correct, just wrote it to give you an idea. I guess if the bug gets worse we could look at adding that into the eggpet class as a double check the pet is actually active, would only need it after zoning though (player address change).

on my runs there was maybe 3 or 4 full runs with no pet looting because of the bug, very bad G/H without pet looting lol
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

rock5

#44 Post by rock5 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:33 am

Ok I'll try portals. What command are you using to go through the portal? That could matter. I usually use GoThroughPortal() of couse. :)
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

krogan

#45 Post by krogan » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:29 am

Hey dont know if it helps you by fixing the problem with player class.
I had the same problem very often but only:
-On my rouge char
-On Ks entry portal
-With Ks magma script
I never get it with my warden or with other scripts.
Some days ago i start using rc2 version from rock5 and after more then 90hours botting i dont get the player.class issue ones.

lisa

#46 Post by lisa » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:39 am

I got it on KS running the ksfrogs WP, it uses gothroughportal for entering and exiting. It literally does less than 1 minute a run though, so easily 2 loadingscreens a minute, there were a lot of issues with it.

It still does the timed functions while in loadingscreen, you never commented on that question. I can clearly see it doing the prints during loading screen.
I was sure you added in something to pause the timed events/functions while loadingscreen was active.

rock5

#47 Post by rock5 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:24 am

I'll test with gothroughportal.

Sorry I didn't comment on waitforloadingscreen. I don't remember exactly the issue you had but basically waitforloadingscreen pauses the main bot thread. It used to use yrest so yielded to the timed events but no longer. It now used rest so no other code should run.

rock5

#48 Post by rock5 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:23 pm

I give up. I went through KS portal 250 times and still no failure. So if there is anything to fix it wont be me fixing it.

lisa

#49 Post by lisa » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:20 pm

rock5 wrote:I give up. I went through KS portal 250 times and still no failure. So if there is anything to fix it wont be me fixing it.
were you leaving party and rejoining party each time to create the new instance ID?
just entering and leaving over and over would be the same as NPC porting, pretty much.

Try the ksfrogs WP on a KS farmer for a bit and see how it goes, you will need to pick up an honor scroll to test or just remove that part of the code.

rock5

#50 Post by rock5 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:20 am

Ok, used ksfrogs. No honor party, had to change to thunderstorm or I dies too easily, had to go buy some hp pots because I didn't have any and had to add acheck for my hp just after entering and have it wait until hp had recovered. :oops:

Using latest bot, ported about 55 times before I switched to currently released RC version (without restarting the client). After about 60 more ports I got

10:21pm - ...s/romglobal/userfunctions/userfunction_setwindow.lua:20: attempt to
 perform arithmetic on a nil value
I think I have the latest setwindows. Line 20 is

local _goldreceived = RoMScript('GetPlayerMoney("copper");') - currentgold
currentgold should be ok because that is gotten once at startup. So the RoMScript failed. Probably that value should be checked before being used.

But the problem is it was yielded to during the loading screen. waitforloadingscreen used rest instead of yrest so it doesn't yield but I noticed the new movetoportal function uses yrest as it moves forward. So maybe the error happened during one of the yields and simply changing that to rest will fix it. I'm not going to test it as it takes too long for me to get the error. It seemed to happen frequently for you so maybe you can tell if it makes a difference.

I seem to remember you mentioning the player.Class error. I still don't know what's going on with that.

lisa

#51 Post by lisa » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:02 pm

yeah it still tries to do the macros during loadingscreen, I changed the userfunction to fix it, just haven't updated the post yet. That timer is done every 30 seconds which is why it took 55 tries to make it error. You can simply change it to 1 second to make it occur more often or just do your own timer that tries to use a macro which will error if nil.

Not sure when I will have time to run it again to try to force the player.Class1 error.
Fixed userfunction looks like this

local startgold = RoMScript('GetPlayerMoney("copper");')
		local function _window()
			local currentgold = RoMScript('GetPlayerMoney("copper");')
			if currentgold then 
				local _charname = string.sub(player.Name,1,7)
				local _timepassed = (os.time() - _starttime)/3600
				local _printtime = string.sub(_timepassed,1,4)
				local _goldreceived = currentgold - startgold
				local _goldperhour = string.sub((_goldreceived/_timepassed),1,8)
				setWindowName(getHwnd(),sprintf(_charname.." Gold per hour: "
				.._goldperhour.." Time passed: ".._printtime))
			end
		end
		registerTimer("setwindow", secondsToTimer(30), _window);

rock5

#52 Post by rock5 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:39 am

So I tried what you said, set it to 1 second interval. Got the error after 22 ports then after a further 15 ports. I change that yrest to rest in movetoportal and after 80 ports still no failure. So I think I can confirm that fixed it.

I've been noticing though that it doesn't loot a lot. Seeing as people have reported this in the past I thought I should have a look at it. I just spent a few hours trying to figure out why and came up with nothing. All I can say is I think it doesn't see the mobs because I added debug messages to all the evalTargetLootable conditions and it didn't print anything for those mobs so they were never evaluated. I think I'll try again tomorrow.

lisa

#53 Post by lisa » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:58 am

you mean when using aoe skills?

from what I have seen.

I picks a mob, which is normal, it then sees how many mobs are within the range of the aoe skill and if it can attack the number specified in your profile for the skill it then targets the ground and uses the aoe skill.
It ONLY monitors HP of that original mob and it ONLY loots that original mob, obviously you can set LOOT_ALL and that will loot the rest but like I said it ONLY monitors HP of that original mob so when it dies it stops the aoe skill cast and then tries to loot it, if you have loot in combat as true.

That is what I have noticed anyway, haven't looked at the code as it would probably take a few hours of following the logic sequences to work it out.

rock5

#54 Post by rock5 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:17 am

Sorry I should have mentioned, I set LOOT_ALL to true. I'm not using a pet.

Ego95

#55 Post by Ego95 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:47 pm

Just want to show my gold/hour result, don't know why I get as much as this:
Gold_KS.png
Rogue lvl 63 with droprate rune III (36%) in his main and offhand, honour group + housemaid potion. Nothing else. The KS script I use is my own one; I think with teleport (like I used in mine) it is a lot faster than other scripts. The funniest thing is that I just wanted to test the script for my mage that I'm going to level up, so with a mage it would be a lot faster. I'm playing on an official server so no +droprate. I don't use a pet for looting or something like this.

AlterEgo95

Edit: Sorry, I didn't noticed, that there is more droprate on the servers because of christmas -.-

grande

#56 Post by grande » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:11 pm

Alterego, would you mind sharing or pm'ing me your KS wp? thx :-)

krogan

#57 Post by krogan » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:10 pm

For everybody who want to optimize his profit.
Build a lucktower in guild castle we take it to lvl 4 in one day without any work cause everything is cheap atm even rubys and its only 2hours buff but with the buff i drop like 1-2 full bags more 1500+gold items(i stop at first boss).
And my g/h atm with all chars is up to 3kk atm with rouge like 4kk cause of the event buff from the tree and the global droprate in december.
The biggest optimize atm would be the possibility to loot much faster that would maybe safe around 1min or so on 7min run.

byebye

vo2male

#58 Post by vo2male » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:43 am

Too bad, i was using this for a while then suddenly i found out this morning that they removed the Magic Perfume on item shop... ohhh boy :oops: :cry:

iceer

#59 Post by iceer » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:41 pm

Hey my mage always run into the mobs and casts single target attacks...
anyone can help?
using KSmagma.xml

lisa

#60 Post by lisa » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:33 pm

iceer wrote:Hey my mage always run into the mobs and casts single target attacks...
anyone can help?
using KSmagma.xml
have a look in your profile.