724 Changelog

For changelogs and discussion related to a specific revision.
rock5

724 Changelog

#1 Post by rock5 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:33 pm

- Fixed swim address. IMPORTANT: YOU WILL NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE NEW VERSION OF 'userfunction_swimhack'.
  • I'm not sure if many people noticed but the swim hack was not working properly. After updating to this revision and updating your swimhack userfunction, it should work again.
- Improved clicktocast targeting. Now it finds the optimal place to click to get the most mobs.
  • This is what took the most work in this revision. It now uses an algorythm to find the best place to click to get the most mobs that includes your current target. I avoided this in the past because I realised that you can't accurately target a set of coordinates if the ground is uneven. But I realised that there are locations where the ground is flat such as dungeons. For that reason this targeting only happens when the mobs are level so outside on hilly ground it will simply aim at the target to cast. At the last minute I decided to add an option to overide it and allow you to use the better targeting on hilly ground if you wish. To use the option add this to your profile. But note, I do not recommend it unless you are confident that the ground is 'flat enough'.

Code: Select all

<option name="FORCE_BETTER_AOE_TARGETING"  value="true" />
- Speed up AutoSell, again. Now it can sell 180 items in about 9s. Hopefully it wont cause problems on slower machines. *crosses fingers*
  • The way it does it so fast is by selling items in batches instead of one item per RoMScript. I'm a bit nervous about this one. I'm worried it might fail on slower machines. If anyone has problems let me know and I'll change it quick. Then again maybe it will work fine.
- Added level 71 'hot' and 'mot' pots.
- Added requested skills and most skills to level 20 for Warlock and Champion. Also, added SCOUT_CREATE_TENDRILS and fixed range of DRUID_SUMMON_SANDSTORM.
- Added a few missing mounts.
- Added camera.Distance value and camera:setDistance(dist) function for controlling camera distance from player.
  • Instead of calculating the camera distance, I found the actual value in memory and it can be changed to change the distance. Not much use for it but as far as I know it is the only way to change the camera distance using the bot. I got the idea from working on the ElementExtractor script. It could be useful to zoom in so that objects behind you don't get in the way of clicktocast skills if you are having such problems.
- If you don't give your egg pets a unique name it now defaults to the name of the creature instead of being nil.
  • I guess it would allow you to add your pet to your friend list or more easily target it for whatever reason. It was an oversight when I created the class.
- Fixed bug in item class that caused items of 0 'Worth' to retain the worth of a previous item in the slot instead of updating.
  • This was causing my drop function to not drop cards which has 0 worth. Now fixed.
- Fixed issue when trying to update player during loading screen that caused player:update.lua() to stop working.
  • This was interresting. I had a player:update() in a timed event and when a loading screen happened, it would either run off or start unsticking. After some testing I found that the player coordinates weren't updating. Turned out that if you tried to do a player:update during a loading screen the ID would get srewed up and it would no longer update. The reason it's interresting is because I realised it is probably the cause of reported problems of similar behaviour that we never quite figured out the cause of. Now it only allows valid ids for player so it will alway update.
- The known issue, of the edit bot flag being incorrect on startup, was causing stores to sometime close in the middle of selling. Now it fixes the flag on startup so that it wont cause problems during selling.
- Fixed issue of bodies remaining targeted while waiting for aggro. It now clears the target so that it can acquire the new one.
- player:aimAt(target) now checks to see if the target is actually a pawn before trying to update it. This was necessary for the improved clicktocast targeting.
- Changed the way addresses are 'nopped' (changed to 0x90). Now the number of bytes nopped depends on the number of bytes in the corresponding patch address.
  • It's just a neater way of doing it. That way if the number of bytes that need to be nopped changes, such as what happened to the swim address, we don't have to adjust the number of 0x90s.
- Added support to 'distance' for tables. Eg. 'distance(player, pawn)'
  • That just makes it so much easier.
Sorry for the long post. I so like to ramble. :)
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

_hirondelle

Re: 724 Changelog

#2 Post by _hirondelle » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:45 am

thank a lot for your job ! :)

(you notice, I read your changelog :o)

lisa

#3 Post by lisa » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:22 pm

very nice work =)
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

rock5

#4 Post by rock5 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:06 pm

:) Thanks for the affirmation. Although I can see by the 'Views' that over 40 people have read this post. Yay! Funnily enough, about that many people have downloaded the updated swim hack. I wonder if there is a corelation. Or maybe that's just how many users we have in total out there.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

BillDoorNZ

#5 Post by BillDoorNZ » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:07 pm

gah...ignore me...was asking a stupid question

grande

#6 Post by grande » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:00 pm

Thank you Rock5!

lisa

#7 Post by lisa » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:42 pm

rev 728.

Updated a few things for pets that they changed in pet.
Also committed the changes to party names and usage to allow for umlauts and 16 character names.

Hopefully I didn't break anything as my files are hardly ever the default and I lose track of what I have been working on at the time lol
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual