Rock5's TooltipIds Addon

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
Bill D Cat

Re: Rock5's TooltipIds Addon

#21 Post by Bill D Cat » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:35 pm

Love this add-on, thanks. I was using something similar with a function that I wrote a while ago, but it was not using the tooptips to display the details. This makes life a lot easier when creating waypoints.

Now if there was only an easy way to have the createpaths script record quest acceptance and completions when interacting with NPCs... <wishful thinking>

The one thing I did notice is that Monster Compendium cards do not have an ID associated with them. At least I couldn't find any when I used my function to scan the entire range of ID's from 0 to 999999. Must be some other method that the game uses to keep track of them. I was hoping someone had figured it out, because having a waypoint file manually add them to your compendium would be language specific.

rock5

#22 Post by rock5 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:27 am

The card id is too hard. I could probably do it but then if you use a card book addon, like I do, it disables the parts that I would use to make it work.

I think I will eventually add an interface where you can enter an id or a name and it lists the matches. Similar to InvetoryPreview but a lot simpler.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Cindy

#23 Post by Cindy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:12 pm

One observation, when moving with the ASDW keys, (by holding it down) the character will frequently stop (ie interrupt moving) since I added the tooltip addon. Very unfortunate for undergeared characters moving through high level areas.

rock5

#24 Post by rock5 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:10 am

That doesn't happen to me. I don't think TooltipIds does anything with keys so I don't think that is the cause. To make sure, remove TooltipIds, restart the game and see if it still does it. Make sure you do everything else the same.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

rock5

#25 Post by rock5 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:42 am

Updated to version 1.0 b3.

Changes:
  • - Reduced Id scan to only unit ranges as that is all it's used for and avoids non unit ids appearing in the unit tooltip.
    - Sped up the ids scan.
    - Fixed bug on some resources that displayed duplicate ids.
    - Units with more than 20 ids with display in multimple columns so it fits on the screen.
    - Added a print message letting you know the scan is finished.
    - Added ItemShop GUID numbers for use with my BuyFromItemShop userfunction.

spyfromsiochain

#26 Post by spyfromsiochain » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:33 pm

Awsome addon.

Is it possible to turn in/off?
I look at those fans with no blades and it amazes me everytime, how can they push air without using blades lol - lisa (pro sentence :D)

rock5

#27 Post by rock5 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:10 pm

Well you can turn the options off using the settings. Then you could turn on the ones you need when you need them.

spyfromsiochain

#28 Post by spyfromsiochain » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:17 pm

I mean ingame, onthefly...

A command to turn on/off.

But its not that importante I can always take the folder out of "addons".
I look at those fans with no blades and it amazes me everytime, how can they push air without using blades lol - lisa (pro sentence :D)

rock5

#29 Post by rock5 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:34 pm

I did mean "ingame, onthefly...". If you turn all the settings off it would effectively be disabled. You can get to the settings by clicking the Addonmanager icon (if you have it installed) or typing the slash command. I don't remember what it is, you'll find it on the first post.

tehlurker

#30 Post by tehlurker » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:43 am

- Store Ids (both sell and buyback tabs)

just for clarification:

do you mean
a) showing the itemids in the tooltip of the items in those stores is supported (which works)
or also
b) showing the actual IDs of the stores (if so, I can't seem to get an ID anywhere)

example NPC: Kerby , Varanas (zone 2 NPC 110570)

the actual shopids or whatever the game calls them would be really interesting.

rock5

#31 Post by rock5 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:44 am

'Shops' don't have ids. NPCs have ids and items have ids. Frames - such as the store buy and sell frames - don't have ids.

tehlurker

#32 Post by tehlurker » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:12 pm

regarding this, what would you say are the IDs in shopobject.db's first column? the 600xxx IDs. This looks like ID tables of shop content (since sellitemid1 etc are pointing to itemids).

my problem is that I can't find the relation NPC-ID > 600xxxx ID. (npc x has shop y( unknown relation ), shop y contains items z (shopobject.id))

rock5

#33 Post by rock5 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:55 am

I think you are right, they are shop ids, but I couldn't find any link between the npcs and the shop ids. The obvious place to find it would be as an offset of the npc ids base item address but I didn't find it there. If there is a link then it's indirect which pretty much makes it impossible to to find.

Braziliano

#34 Post by Braziliano » Sat May 30, 2015 3:41 pm

bump