Anthony Taz Daily Quest in Rorazan: Demonstration Battle

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
berlin25

Anthony Taz Daily Quest in Rorazan: Demonstration Battle

#1 Post by berlin25 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:08 pm

I've written a waypoint file for the (I think) easiest and fastest daily quest "Demonstration Battle" from Anthony Taz in Ancient Kingdom of Rorazan.
Features:
*Checking left daily quests
*Checking the correct quest state

Requires:
Lisa's ProfileChange Userfunction

Please note: Quest names and mob names are written in German, just change them to another language.

Have fun!
Attachments
rorazandaily.xml
v1.0
(1.4 KiB) Downloaded 690 times
Last edited by berlin25 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

gloover

Re: Anthony Taz Daily Quest in Rorazan: Demonstration Battle

#2 Post by gloover » Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:07 pm

the problem of your wp is, the bot want also to target the non-aggro mobs (same names such like "tiger.." and "flame-elementar") out of the circle.

Rock, lisa, how to check for aggro-mobs only in this way?

lisa

#3 Post by lisa » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:30 pm

easiest way to only attack some mobs is to add them to the profile mob list.
You can make it only attack the red names but it would involve writing you own eval target code and using

Code: Select all

mob = CPawn(mobaddress)
if mob.Attackble == true then
player:target(mob.Address)
player:fight()
end
you would need to add in code for the "mobaddress"

I posted a userfunction for adding and removing names to profile mob and friends

http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =27&t=3626
you could just add this code to the WP onload if you wanted to only add names

table.insert(settings.profile.mobs, name)
Using the actual name of the mob
example

table.insert(settings.profile.mobs, "flame")
table.insert(settings.profile.mobs, "tiger")
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

berlin25

#4 Post by berlin25 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:01 pm

gloover wrote:the problem of your wp is, the bot want also to target the non-aggro mobs (same names such like "tiger.." and "flame-elementar") out of the circle.

Rock, lisa, how to check for aggro-mobs only in this way?
This is funny, I don't have this issue. He is just attacking the mobs that spawn in the circle and are attackable...

rock5

#5 Post by rock5 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:15 pm

Maybe different profile settings are causing different behaviour.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

vegasmike

#6 Post by vegasmike » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:11 pm

Just figured I'd put this here since it relates to the event. I'm not sure what the tick timer is for micromacro but pressing the key manually seems to be faster than any way I have been able to do this quest via micromacro. Hotkeying it, of course, would allow for spamming via micromacro and allow you to take over manually when you are competing with others.

/script TargetUnit("focus1")
/script UseAction(1)
/script ChoiceOption(1)
/script TargetNearestEnemy()
/run [DIYCE]()
You need to set the quest npc to focus and replace [DIYCE] with whatever you call your ranged attacks with.

Additionally, if there happens to be someone there doing the event and able to target/kill faster than you...you can stand closer to the mob than they are and get credit for the kill too. Basically, just try to stand at max distance from the NPC to still get the quest to reduce distance between yourself and the mob.

vnmanga2000

#7 Post by vnmanga2000 » Wed May 01, 2013 10:38 am

Hi. I have been struggling with this for a while now. I think my skill with programming micromacro really sucks lol.

Basically this is what i want to do: have rombot send/spam every half a second the keystroke "numpad 1" which is where i place my macro/hotkey to do the entire event while having my character stand where it's or at one specific spot.

The problem I have with using this waypoint is that my character keep running up the the mob to hit it and shoot at it then run back to npc then repeat. As a scout, i should only stand in one place, use the skill specified which is Shot or Wind Arrows to finish the mob. I have tried multiple way to modify it so it would do what I wanted but I have failed miserably. I remove every single skills but Shot in my profile, rombot still detect skills and didn't use and cause my character to run up to the mob and melee then use shot on it then run back. I created a new waypoint with only one single waypoint but it still does the same thing.

If you guys have any hints or pointers to where or how I can fix this problem, please help. I am very much appreciated.

Thanks

rock5

#8 Post by rock5 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:08 am

A look at the waypoint file might help because I have no idea what commands you used.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

vnmanga2000

#9 Post by vnmanga2000 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:23 am

Thank you for the quick reply Rock5

Anthony Taz is the best waypoint that i created that seemed to work most of the time but the character still sometime run up the mob to try to melee it instead of just range attack from where it's.

this is the waypoint:

"<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><waypoints>
<!-- # 1 --><waypoint x="-18364" z="-22698" y="469">
keyboardPress( key.VK_NUMPAD1 ); yrest(500);
</waypoint>
</waypoints>"

and for numpad 1 i have this macro:

"/script TargetUnit("focus1")
/cast Attack
/script OnClick_QuestListButton(3,1)
/script CompleteQuest()
/script OnClick_QuestListButton(1,1)
/script AcceptQuest()
/script ChoiceOption(1)
/run CastSpellByName("Shot")"

I wonder if there is anyway to disable melee attack for a character profile. That would be really great.

I also try to use mouse click too with another waypoint. The best one that also seem to work only half the time is:

"<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><waypoints>
<!-- # 1 --><waypoint x="-18384" z="-22687" y="472">
player:mouseclickL(1575, 533, 1440, 900);
</waypoint>
</waypoints>"

problem with this way point is that the character sometimes back up start repositioning itself then start to melee again.

edit: All I wanted to do is to have rombot have my character stay where it is (may it be a waypoint or not) and repeatedly sending numpad 1 to the game while the game stay in the background. I may have approach this entirely the wrong way, I don't know, please tell me if I did.

Things I do not want rombot to do:
- Move my character around or run up to the mob and use melee skills
- Use other skills other than the one I specified such as "Shot" or hotkey numpad 1

Thanks.

rock5

#10 Post by rock5 » Wed May 01, 2013 12:08 pm

I don't have much experience with macros but maybe it goes so fast that sometimes the "Attack" happens on the targeted mob. That's a problem with the macro. We can't fix it from the bot.

You should be able to do everything from the bot with more control. If you have a go at that, I'll be able to help you.

Note: profiles skills and settings only apply if the bot is attacking, not if you cast spells with your own commands.

lisa

#11 Post by lisa » Wed May 01, 2013 6:20 pm

add a little wait before targeting the mob, that should do the trick, if it still fits in the 255 characters of a macro ;)

/cast Attack
/script OnClick_QuestListButton(3,1)
/script CompleteQuest()
/script OnClick_QuestListButton(1,1)
/script AcceptQuest()
/script ChoiceOption(1)
/wait 1
/run CastSpellByName("Shot")
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

grande

#12 Post by grande » Tue May 07, 2013 8:59 pm

I've found that camera angle is important for efficiency in this daily/public event. It helps a lot to always actually have the target in the actual game/camera view. This has info on how to set that up: http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 6ed#p45074

botique

#13 Post by botique » Thu May 09, 2013 8:44 pm

grande wrote:I've found that camera angle is important for efficiency in this daily/public event. It helps a lot to always actually have the target in the actual game/camera view. This has info on how to set that up: http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 6ed#p45074
That post is a tad outdated, GetCameraPosition() does not exists any more, and without it I cannot figure the parameters of SetCameraPosition().

Aron

#14 Post by Aron » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:19 pm

I'm doing this daily now to lvl my sec class, and im using the macro combined with diyce as vegasmike posted above. Now I wonder if there is any way to make a function or so that checks when the dailies are completed so that it automatically uses a daily quest ticket? Since I'm using auto keyboard that autopresses the macro every second, but I'm forced to click on the daily quest tickets every time I complete the daily.
Ty in advance

Edit: anyone still here? ,-)

kenzu38

#15 Post by kenzu38 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:42 am

Now I wonder if there is any way to make a function or so that checks when the dailies are completed so that it automatically uses a daily quest ticket?

function checkDailiesCount()
		local dqCount, dqPerDay = RoMScript("Daily_count()"); 
		if dqCount == 10 then
	      cprintf(cli.pink,"Done All Available Daily Quests For The Day.\n");
			if inventory:itemTotalCount(202434) > 0 then
				     inventory:useItem(202434)
                 yrest(1000)
	      		  loadPaths(__WPL.FileName)
			elseif inventory:itemTotalCount(202434) == 0 then
				     player:sleep()
			end
		end
end

This is a basic function that checks if you don't have any dailies left every time you call it. It uses Daily Quest Ticket and then reloads the waypoint. If you don't have any Daily Quest Ticket, however, it will pause the bot.

rock5

#16 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:34 am

Technically you shouldn't need to restart the waypoint because you should already be where you need to be and in the right place in the waypoint. What the function should probably do is return true if it can do more dailies or else sleep or, better yet, return false. So then you could use it like this

CompleteQuestByName(questname)
if checkDailiesCount() then
    AcceptQuestByName(questname)
else
    player:sleep() -- If you have the function return false
end
Of course in this case you would probably want to rename the function so it reads better when used, eg.

if dailiesNotFinished() then
Still... , if you had the function go to sleep when the dailies are finished then you could just do

CompleteQuestByName(questname)
checkDailiesCount()
AcceptQuestByName(questname)
Which is a lot shorter but doesn't give you the option to do something else when finished, eg. load another waypoint file or change character.

Just some things for you to think about. A good tip is it's always important to first think about how you want something to work or how you will want to use it, then design the code to make it work that way.

Aron

#17 Post by Aron » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:44 pm

Hmm a bit confusing, I tried to rework the waypoint from "A Little Refreshment" daily/public quest in Syrbal Pass.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><waypoints>
	<!-- #  1 --><waypoint x="-18351" z="-22685" y="469">	</waypoint>

player:target_NPC(questGiverId);
      CompleteQuestByName(questName);

local dqCount, dqPerDay = RoMScript("Daily_count()");
      if dqCount ~= 10 then
         AcceptQuestByName(questName);
      else
         inventory:update();
         player:update();
         if inventory:itemTotalCount(dailyTicket) > 0 then
            inventory:useItem(dailyTicket);
            yrest(2000)
            AcceptQuestByName(questName);         
         else
            player:sleep();
         end
      end
      yrest(10000)
   </waypoint>	
</waypoints>

Its working, but the problem now is that the MM is pressing the hotkey/macro way to fast, and this isnt very smart when your doing the "Demonstration Battle" daily in AkoR with the macro I got from vegasmike.

/script UseAction(1)
/script ChoiceOption(1)
/run [DIYCE]()
From my own experience with this macro is that if it can be pressed once per second then it works great.
Is there any setting in MM/profile/waypoint or so where you can change the speed of how fast its pressing the hotkey/macro which is definded in profiles?

rock5

#18 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:57 pm

Just add yrests. It's in ms so 'yrest(1000)' is a 1s pause. Id add one after each main action; target npc, complete quest and accept quest.

Aron

#19 Post by Aron » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:21 am

Thanks rock, the pauses work, but with closer tests with my waypoint and the function for daily quest tickets, it doesnt work, the MM seems to be busy pressing the hotkey instead of checking the dailies if they had been completed or not, did no further changes from the code I posted above. Or is it the macro that doesnt work well together with the MM?

rock5

#20 Post by rock5 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:47 am

I'm not familiar with the quest so I'm having trouble following the code.

The waypoint #1 code is what you use to complete and accept quests, right? With a few extra pauses. So that is working correctly now?

Where does the macro come in? Is that what you are using to do the quest? This is what you are having problems with, right? How are you using the macro? What does the code look like? What does the macro do? What does you DIYCE do?