Swim, Speed and wall hacks

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
gloover

Re: Swim and Speed hacks

#21 Post by gloover » Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:45 am

Hey lisa,

is it possible to set once the speed and not between every waypoint?

When I set (for exaple speed(75)) into the first waypoint - the bot is runing with this speed to the second WP, after then he's crawling again, so I've to set the speed again. By some wayponts, containing more then 100 coordinates, it is more complicated.

Also the question, by playing the game (using bot as buff-helper/healer only) is there any possibility to use this speed function and MountSpeed-function from Bot-Romka as well?

lisa

#22 Post by lisa » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:59 pm

gloover wrote: When I set (for exaple speed(75)) into the first waypoint - the bot is runing with this speed to the second WP, after then he's crawling again, so I've to set the speed again. By some wayponts, containing more then 100 coordinates, it is more complicated.
Hmm it shouldn't be reseting the speed unless you tell it to, is there any other code at the second waypoint?
gloover wrote:Also the question, by playing the game (using bot as buff-helper/healer only) is there any possibility to use this speed function and MountSpeed-function from Bot-Romka as well?
If you mean the WP partyhealer, I am in the middle of doing a total rewrite with options for userfunctions to tell the bot what to do under specific circumstances.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

gloover

#23 Post by gloover » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:32 am

lisa wrote: Hmm it shouldn't be reseting the speed unless you tell it to, is there any other code at the second waypoint?
No, there is no other code in the second (next) waypoint.
Btw. I've checked the source again, it's not the same like yours, but it does the job gratefull - using a short distance (millers farm) I can set the speed to 100 (means 50:normal, 59:Clear Thought buffed, 80:mounted and 100: really sprint!), but I don't know, why its not freezing the memory. Here's the source:

Code: Select all

--			Use setSpeed(59.0) to set Speed = 59, normal is 50
function setSpeed(speed)
	local playerAddress = memoryReadIntPtr(getProc(), addresses.staticbase_char, addresses.charPtr_offset);
	if playerAddress ~= 0 then
		memoryWriteFloat(getProc(), playerAddress + 0x40, speed);
		--printf("Speedhack ACTIVATED!\n");
	end
end

function speedoff()
	local playerAddress = memoryReadIntPtr(getProc(), addresses.staticbase_char, addresses.charPtr_offset);
		memoryWriteFloat(getProc(), playerAddress + 0x40, 50);
		printf("Speedhack DEactivated.\n");
	end
end

function getSpeed()
		return memoryReadFloat(getProc(), playerAddress + 0x40);
	else
		cprintf(cli.red, "Can't set player speed: playerAddress = nil");
		return nil; 
	end
end

lisa wrote: If you mean the WP partyhealer, I am in the middle of doing a total rewrite with options for userfunctions to tell the bot what to do under specific circumstances.
Yes, I mean partyhealer and accordingly RBAssist - will impaciantly waiting!

lisa

#24 Post by lisa » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:30 am

that code you posted deffinately works differently to the code I have on first page, interesting.

memoryWriteBytePtr(getProc(), staticcharbase_address, {0x598, 0x42}, _speed);
very obvious one is using a float and other is byte, different offsets too.
gloover wrote:Yes, I mean partyhealer and accordingly RBAssist
RBAssist and Partyhealer.xml are completely different.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

gloover

#25 Post by gloover » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:15 am

lisa wrote:that code you posted deffinately works differently to the code I have on first page, interesting.

memoryWriteBytePtr(getProc(), staticcharbase_address, {0x598, 0x42}, _speed);
very obvious one is using a float and other is byte, different offsets too.
gloover wrote:Yes, I mean partyhealer and accordingly RBAssist
RBAssist and Partyhealer.xml are completely different.
Sorry for the mistake, I mean RBAssist, so I want to use speedhack and Mountspeedhack in RBAssist and don't know how to realize that!

BTW. Mountspeedhack created by Bot-Romka [here] also use "float" - but it seems to be working, accept of the reseting this after every waypoint.

Lisa, could you optimize/upgrade your userfunction, please! (Including Mountspeedhack)

lisa

#26 Post by lisa » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:05 am

You know the speed doesn't stay if you change zones right?
So if you change zones in a WP you will need to reapply the speed.

It is because the address for the player changes, even the other code you posted won't stick if you change zones.

I tested both current file on first post and the code you posted and they both work.

gloover

#27 Post by gloover » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:24 am

lisa wrote:You know the speed doesn't stay if you change zones right?
So if you change zones in a WP you will need to reapply the speed.
It is because the address for the player changes, even the other code you posted won't stick if you change zones.
Yes, I know it- there's no zone change in my waypoint.

lisa wrote: I tested both current file on first post and the code you posted and they both work.
Hmm, let'em run longer than 5 min with this script, and report whats happen' The advantage of this version is the "float" and not "hard-initiated" offset - so I want use this one rather then yours, but at all my waypoints the bot resets the speed after second or third waypoint :-/ same with SetMountSpeed-function

I'm perplexed

rock5

#28 Post by rock5 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:59 am

Maybe it's just something to do with the place you are botting. Where is this happening? Have you tried it somewhere else?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

gloover

#29 Post by gloover » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:21 am

Dont think, thas this could be the reason - have tried this in guardians corridor (Ystra) and in Ravenfell - same issue.
I'll test it much accuter this WE, maybe I can localize the reason.

@ rock, how can I use this speed/swim-function in your RBAssist?

rock5

#30 Post by rock5 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:29 am

Depends how you want it to work.

If you already have a function that works such as Bot-Romkas function, you could always just run it in another micromacro window.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

gloover

#31 Post by gloover » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:06 pm

Yep, it works - I had to hit on it by myself.

Have paste the function between the "update" lines in the RBAssist - works like a charm!

player:checkPotions()
		local target = player:getTarget();
		player:checkSkills(true, target);

if player:hasBuff("505480") then
			setMountSpeed(100)
		else
			setSpeed(59)
		end;

player:update()

checkEggPets()
BTW what did checkEggPets() exactly and how to check if player is mounted (using different mounts)?

rock5

#32 Post by rock5 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:04 pm

checkEggPets() checks your eggpet settings in your profile. If set it will summon and keep fed your assist pet and/or start your crafting pet.

To see if you are mounted.

if player.Mounted then

gloover

#33 Post by gloover » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:07 am

thx again, rock!

lisa

#34 Post by lisa » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:42 am

speed should work with latest addresses.lua

Swim hack has been updated first post for latest patch.

rock5

#35 Post by rock5 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:26 am

Lisa, I have a couple of observations about your swim hack update.

1. Why create swimfunction_ptr and then not use it?
2. offsets should be local.
3. You have the habit of not updating your version numbers.
4. You didn't update the "non timer" version. That's the one I prefer using. I've attached an updated version of it here.

Swimhack without timer.
Attachments
userfunction_swimhack.lua
Version 1.0b
(1.52 KiB) Downloaded 225 times

lisa

#36 Post by lisa » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:11 am

Originally I was going to just update the addresses and keep the original creators code in tact. Never wanted anyone to think I take credit for the code.

Files all completely updated, fixed code that needed to be fixed.

rock5

#37 Post by rock5 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:39 am

That's much neater.

I think in the end, you can't let the fact that someone else originally created the code, hold you back. Code is a growing evolving thing. It should be unfettered. And, after all, you do give the creator credit in the comments.

Why didn't you implement swimfunction_ptr in the timer version as well? I thought it was your idea. And it does make it easier to update.

lisa

#38 Post by lisa » Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:46 am

yeah I'll do it next patch they do, for now it works.
got a lot on my plate atm lol

kanta

#39 Post by kanta » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:45 pm

What are the (dis)advantages to using the timer vs non-timer versions?
Scout/Knight/Rogue 70/66/66

lisa

#40 Post by lisa » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:51 pm

No Timer the userfunction does the hack once and only once, so if you do anything that changes the players addresses like changing zones the hack is no longer active. In english-- if you change zones you stop flying.

Timer redoes the hack at the intervals set by the timer so after changing zones it should redo the hack when the timer ticks again, assuming the bot has done an update to player address. Timers also redo hack when logging next character and loading new WP.

So if you use timer you need to make sure you turn off the hack when not needed.