Swim, Speed and wall hacks

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
rock5

Re: Swim, Speed and wall hacks

#201 Post by rock5 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:35 pm

I wouldn't change speed just to follow an npc, it would be too impractical. I would just do a loop doing repetitive player:moveTo's so the player would move forward, stop, move forward, stop until it reached the destination. The problem with setting it to, for example, -%20, if that is the correct speed, is that speed buffs would affect it so you would still go too fast.

I think I might have to allow it to still accept speed values to avoid all these incompatibility issues.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Bill D Cat

#202 Post by Bill D Cat » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:48 am

Just did a bit of research and testing. I can live without a slow speed now that I know how to toggle the Run / Walk mode for my bot.

Code: Select all

local hotkey, modifier = getHotkeyByName("TOGGLERUN"); keyboardPress(hotkey)

rock5

#203 Post by rock5 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:57 am

The problem is there may not be a key bound to that function, it isn't on my system for some reason. You can just run the function it runs instead.

Code: Select all

RoMScript("ToggleRun()")
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

rock5

#204 Post by rock5 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:16 am

I'm going to release an updated version of the speed hack soon using the improvements mentioned a few post above. But I would like to know what the highest theoretical speed you can have using different stackable buffs. I need to know this to set a more reasonable allowable upper limit. Just using a 30% IS mount speed pot and galloping gale makes 60%, assuming they are stackable. If you have the fastest speed mount, a disk, which has a base speed of 87.5 that would mean a buffed speed of 140. If we add 19% with the speed hack we get 166.6. That should work but goes right past the current limits.

So could anyone, who has experience maxing out their speed using pots, please comment.

runegod

#205 Post by runegod » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:43 am

Escape Artist title 10% speed

God Speed potion from maids 50%

Spellweaver potion 30%

Mad Rush 20%

everyone is able to reach these speeds stacking buffs,

during siege play though, herald also get passive buffs, and other class combo like rogues and warrior/rogues have their own unique speed buffs skills or passives,

also during siege each guild have stable buffs which depends on their level of stable that will give a passive buff stacking with the above speed buffs.

regular game play though, the above speed is the max possible for a few short moment, and what you stated for mounted speed is correct, plus you can probably go faster with the 10% lesser speed mount from item shop, or thee 30% mount pot, which is not too common now, and stable buffs for mount, again which it depends on your guilds level of the stable.

rock5

#206 Post by rock5 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:16 am

Those initial 4 pots are all for unmounted speed right? Even all of them to gether only comes to 105. I think we just have to look at the maximum mounted speed.

So...
Galloping Gale 30%
30% IS pot 30%
10% IS pot 10% (can we use the 30% and 10% IS pots ate the same time?)
Level 10 Stable buff 20%

So a total of 90% on fastest mount = 166.25
Plus 19% speed hack = 197.8.

So I think I'll set the maximum allowable speed to 200. Although the updated function will warn of pullbacks if you set the speed to anything larger than base speed + 19%.

runegod

#207 Post by runegod » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:49 am

the item shop mount buffs do not stack, can only have one on.

will be looking forward to your new code working, really hate the pull backs, especially when doing dailies where i want to mount up and unmount near water or collecting quest items / gathering resources.

and ya, the 4 potion/buffs i mentioned are unmounted buffs when running.

rock5

#208 Post by rock5 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Updated speed hack to version 1.3. There are 2 main improvements.
  • 1. When you turn speed on without specifying a speed, it calculates the best safe speed taking into account any current speed buffs. And when you turn speed off it sets the speed to the correct speed taking into account any speed buffs.
    2. Now also works when mounted.

rido_knight

#209 Post by rido_knight » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:09 am

Thanks master :)