Teleporter Functions

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
C3PO

Re: Teleporter Functions

#21 Post by C3PO » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:29 pm

Ok now I know whats wrong ;)

Rock you are talking about getZoneId()
I was talking about MieserMan's getZoneID()

so therefore I would suggest to change getZoneID to getZoneId

wilifox

#22 Post by wilifox » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:07 pm

Is there any function to teleport?

Example:

/script teleport(23.2,54.3) coorden..

rock5

#23 Post by rock5 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:31 pm

The "/script" implies you are asking about an in game function. Obviously there wouldn't be an in game function but there is a bot userfunction.
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 951#p23951
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Ego95

#24 Post by Ego95 » Fri May 03, 2013 12:43 pm

Is it possible to let the bot teleport the whole script. For example set teleport = true in the onLoad and then the bot will teleport between the waypoints instead of walking. I want to improve my ks script and let it teleport about 200 waypoints. With teleporting its much more reliable on my computer. At the moment I can't get my computer to run 6 clients (3 ks chars + 3 reset chars) because they get stuck at many walls. Most times they go on running when reaching a waypoint and notice this too late. But this has to be my weak computer.

AlterEgo95

dr-nuker

#25 Post by dr-nuker » Fri May 03, 2013 1:30 pm

Maybe you can change the behavior on getstuck.

if it is above 5 times the bot could do teleportToWP() and try to reach target again.

I experienced that teleporting too often is never a good idea. Since it increases the chance of runbberbanding-pullbacks (at least for me)

rock5

#26 Post by rock5 » Fri May 03, 2013 1:35 pm

First of all if you teleport through a wall, or even through a bump in the ground, you will probably get pulled back. It's always a bit risky to use teleport too much. Of course the code I added to the bot to handle pull backs probably helps.

You could add a

Code: Select all

teleportToWP()
to each waypoint to have it teleport to the next waypoint but I don't think this will help with getting stuck behind a wall.

In the end you might have to adjust your waypoints and settings to avoid the problem in the first place.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

Ego95

#27 Post by Ego95 » Fri May 03, 2013 3:32 pm

No no, it hasn't to do anything with my settings or waypoints. It's because of my computer.
One bot runs perfectly, two are possible too, but when running three they don't run from waypoint to waypoint precisely.
Sometimes if he wants to reach a waypoint he runs forward, turns around 180 degrees and does this until he reaches exactly those coordinates at which the waypoint is. So in fact, sometimes he runs about 15 seconds around one waypoint he wants to reach which lets it not being very reliable.

Back to the main question. I thought maybe there would be a shorter way instead of adding about 200+

Code: Select all

teleportToWp()
. If not, I have to do this :)

AlterEgo95

rock5

#28 Post by rock5 » Fri May 03, 2013 3:47 pm

Well there is no "onwaypoint" event if that's what you mean. You would have to edit the bot. Probably you would change "player:moveTo()" to use teleport instead of moving. Note, when teleporting it's not looking for mobs while moving, only when at the waypoints. So your waypoints can't be too far apart.

cokebot

#29 Post by cokebot » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:10 am

houseLeave(15)
in to another zone doesn't work for me. Is that fixed by RoM or do I need another addon or something?

rock5

#30 Post by rock5 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:34 am

Off topic but I think I heard of that hack. I don't remember it being discussed on this forum so I doubt there is a userfunction somewhere. I could be wrong. My memory is not what it used to be.