GM detection and banning chance reduction

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
toxicytears

Re: GM detection and banning chance reduction

#341 Post by toxicytears » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:28 am

Having been away from this stuff for a really long time I'm having trouble understanding this. So I downloaded (all) the files and moved everything in the usefullfunction folder after that I have no clue if i need to move any files or how to test this. Sorry for being so noob. Once I grasp all this again I do plan on making some really usefull scripts/WP for everyone. Just gotta under this gm stuff first.

With the usefullfuncton_GMmonitor notepad file do I need to do anything with the coding in that and how do I set up my first test to make sure it's all running right?

lisa

#342 Post by lisa » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:42 am

it is userfunction_gmmonitor.lua not usefullfunctions.

I'm not sure I can explain it any more than I did on first post.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

lisa

#343 Post by lisa » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:08 pm

updated first post with V 7.2 to fix the name "<UNKNOWN>" issue
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wps

#344 Post by wps » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:43 pm

In your experiences,
if the GM detection alerted I was followed by another NPC, but the follower is not visible on the game client window.
Is this follower a GM in invisible mode to observe?

I used a recursive script to do a daily quests and use "ChangeChar();" to login with next character.
The first loop is ok, but the next run the script will alert
"cannot get log event for monitor 'GMDetect'. No such monitor name exists ".
How can I fix it to work correctly?

Thanks.

botje

#345 Post by botje » Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:55 am

just start the monitor again, that will fix that :)

McGuffin

#346 Post by McGuffin » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:26 am

Lately my GMDetect has been firing at least once per day (started the week prior to the anniversary). No GM names are in the log and the class IDs are in the millions, i.e. "GM detected! Name: , class IDs: 9873216/6547891" Is this normal?

lisa

#347 Post by lisa » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:23 am

If it is after the bot has been running for many hours it is kind of normal because of the memory issues RoM has, if the bot has been running only a short time then it is kind of unusual.

I actually don't even use the GM detect anymore because of all the changes with the GM's they are rarely seen in game anymore. That is of course different between each server.

McGuffin

#348 Post by McGuffin » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:23 am

lisa wrote:If it is after the bot has been running for many hours it is kind of normal because of the memory issues RoM has, if the bot has been running only a short time then it is kind of unusual.
Pretty much both early and after a few hours. Normally it is within the hour of starting. But the last one was after a few hours of running.

I've never really had any issues with the bot at all except on the initial run of KS. If the client running KS is not the top window when it initially enters KS then MM crashes. If it is the top window then the bot, for me anyway, will run until the coming zombie apocalypse.
lisa wrote:I actually don't even use the GM detect anymore because of all the changes with the GM's they are rarely seen in game anymore. That is of course different between each server.
True on the server I'm on. Though I am not ready to bot without a net just yet<G>.

lisa

#349 Post by lisa » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:38 am

I can have 3 KS running at the same time without issue, not sure why you would crash if game isn't focus.

Ego95

#350 Post by Ego95 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:34 am

Maybe it was the error with the setwindow userfunction. But I think this had been fixed. For me the only problem is, that my mage n ks has to be in the foreground because the bot is not able to cast thunderstorm in the background. But this has not to do anything with a crashing client. And it's the wrong topic here :D

AlterEgo95

C3PO

#351 Post by C3PO » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:33 am

Hi guys,

I get quite often the error

Code: Select all

3:22pm - ...rom/userfunctions/loadsvn/userfunction_gmmonitor.lua:79: attempt to
index local 'obj' (a nil value)
therefore I changed line 79 to

if obj and ( obj.Type == PT_PLAYER ) and obj.Name ~= "<UNKNOWN>" then

Buster99

#352 Post by Buster99 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:16 pm

Just started using GM detection again after last patch...I also have recently updated to latest build and to MM1.03

Getting this error every time GM monitor detects being Followed by Playerx:

"...scripts/rom/classes/pawn.lua:154 bad argument #1 to 'readfunc' <<null>>

Any ideas?

lisa

#353 Post by lisa » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:42 pm

I can't see the gm monitor causing that error, it is to do with MM not getting the game process when trying to do a memory read in the function memoryReadRepeat(), GM monitor doesnt use memoryReadRepeat at all.

I seem to remember someone else also posting about getting the same error, can't recall if the issue was resolved or not.

rocking666

#354 Post by rocking666 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:23 am

Hello,
When I started my bot this morning, I got a brand new error...

I was using a DOD script.

Wed Jun 19 00:42:14 2013 : ...cro/scripts/rom/userfunctions/userfunction_gmmonitor.lua:172: attempt to perform arithmetic on local '_ttime' (a nil value)
Wed Jun 19 00:42:14 2013 : Execution error: Runtime error

Am i missing something ?
thank you :P

lisa

#355 Post by lisa » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:29 pm

rocking666 wrote:When I started my bot this morning, I got a brand new error...
My guess is this is a once off error right?
as in it happened once and probably hasn't happened again?

In order to get that error the game has to successfully do the romscript to check there has been a message and then in the 0.5 of a second between that and the next romscript you enter the loading screen.

This could be "fixed" by a simple change to line 172

if _ttime and 60 >= ( _ttime - time ) then
I never bothered to add in the simple check because the chances of this happening are extremely remote and you might run the bot non stop for the next 6 months and not see the error again.

If I get time I'll do an update at some stage this week, with the change C3PO pointed out aswell.

--=== Added ===--
Updated to V 7.5
Added in checks in any place I could see that might benefit from a check, 4 or 5 of them all up.
No new features, just improving code.

rocking666

#356 Post by rocking666 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:59 pm

Thank you I will test it out tonight :)

turbobay

#357 Post by turbobay » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:15 am

Is there any way to detect how many players are in "my zone" ?
Or let's say in a 500 radius.
I want to stop doing anything while someone is "nearby" or let's say in 500 radius distance.
Is there an easy way without modifying the GMDetection function ?

rock5

#358 Post by rock5 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:34 am

My CountMobs userfunction includes a CountPlayers function. You could try that http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 781#p36781
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

turbobay

#359 Post by turbobay » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:06 pm

Well, that's pretty nice, thank you very much !

BlubBlab

#360 Post by BlubBlab » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:27 am

I'm not sure if this topic belong here but I have experienced some issues the last days or better months.
Okay 10% it is a bug 90% it is not I have a few days ago(and a few month ago) found my bot in a hill made of rocks even while I using GM detection.
For my understanding it work like this when I touch the portal to KS my char die when it resurrect it doesn't resurrect at the (spawn)respoint instead in some distance away ("under some rocks").

Where you can't move at all the only way out is using a teleportation like recall(540001)
Usually I would suggest to build in something in GM Detect but I don't see how what you simply need is OnDeath event checking after your resurrecting If you are in the range of the intended respoint but maybe someone has a better idea^^

I still not know is this a automatic occurrence or does some GM doing it with a web-interface?
Jack-of-all-trades, but master-of-only of a few :D

My Reps:
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-with-OpenCV (My version of MM2 with OpenCV and for MS Visual Studio)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/rom-bot (rombot with no stop WP and advanced human emulation mode and some other extensions)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-2-Bot-Framework ( A work in progress )
My Tools : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6226