Rock5's catchCavy script

Additional botting resources. Addons may be either for the game itself or for the RoM bot.
Forum rules
Only post additional bot resources here. Please do not ask unrelated questions.
botje

Re: Rock5's catchCavy script

#101 Post by botje » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:07 am

well, i did tell you in the beta thread, but thought you would forget, so placed it here too :P

it just doesnt do anything, no normal or golden cavy's get caught, hell, he does'nt even see them.

rock5

#102 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 am

Sorry, my memory is not what it used to be. I'd completely forgotten about that.

The things that would normally make it not catch the cavy are;
- If the distance to it is greater than MAX_TARGET_DIST.
- If you are still in battle.
- If you've run out of Huntsman's Traps
- If you use the wrong search criteria for catchCavy.

Are any of these true?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

botje

#103 Post by botje » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:01 am

nope, all is well. thats why i think its broken.

rock5

#104 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:27 am

What do you use in the brackets with 'catchCavy()'?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

botje

#105 Post by botje » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:42 am

tried with both "" and "cavy"

rock5

#106 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:18 am

If you use

Code: Select all

catchCavy(cavy)
then cavy will be seen as a variable which wont have a value so will be interpreted as nil. If you use nil then it defaults to catching only Golden Magic Cavy. If you use

catchCavy("cavy")
then "cavy" is a keyword that will cause the function to catch both types of cavy. So if you used "cavy" it should have worked. That's assuming you are using the latest version 1.02 of catchCavy.

There is a possibility that there are new ids for the cavy but unless runesdatabase gets updated there is no way for me to know what the ids are. Maybe the next time it doesn't try to carch the cavy, you can start up "getid" and check it's id. You don't have to stop the script you are running, just pause it while you run getid in another MM window.

botje

#107 Post by botje » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:24 am

i ofcourse used "cavy", but ill check its ID next time i see a cavy :)

botje

#108 Post by botje » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:14 pm

Object found id 103566 Magic Cavy distance 110
so looks like id's are the same...

rock5

#109 Post by rock5 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:45 pm

I haven't used catchcavy in a while. I'll try and test if it still works for me.

rock5

#110 Post by rock5 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:13 am

Took me a while. First character that I tried with an existing waypoint file didn't drop any cavys after quite awhile. I guess the level difference was too great. Switched to another character with lower level, different area, and mobs only 2 levels below mine, new waypoint file and they started dropping right away. In a very short time I had 5 eggs from 8 traps. I think the herding range was too great, that's why I lost 3. Otherwise it worked perfectly. And that was with about half with my current rom folder and half with an original 4.2 beta.

botje

#111 Post by botje » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:18 am

hmm... thats strange... O.o

rock5

#112 Post by rock5 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:01 pm

Updated to version 1.03.

beanybabe

#113 Post by beanybabe » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:07 am

If cavy was detected .. then if class was rogue and or (rogue healer It would cast antidote or cleanse and heal if needed ) then hide before catching cavy.

I tried but failed at this.

Also if it is catching a cavy and gets agro and kills mob and another cavy spawns it will drop a second trap... this could be changed so it ignore second till it finishes with first.

rock5

#114 Post by rock5 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:38 am

Too much work. I don't see myself doing any more extensive changes to this userfunction. Sorry.

beanybabe

#115 Post by beanybabe » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:31 am

Here is a mod I made to catch cavy someone may have fun with it. Just unzip the sound and put it in the userfunction folder with the catchcavy when you get an egg you computer will cackle.
Attachments
chicken.zip
(15.03 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
userfunction_catchcavy.lua
(2.16 KiB) Downloaded 173 times

beanybabe

#116 Post by beanybabe » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:36 pm

There is a small bug in catch cavy. If cavy apears and you just caught it, then a mob is near and you kill it, it will drop a trap still thinking there is a cavy in area yet.