SVN 380: you can test the overrun function

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
d003232

SVN 380: you can test the overrun function

#1 Post by d003232 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:21 am

With SVN 380 you can now test the new overrun function. That means especialy as melee, if you target a mob behind your next waypoint, you will not turn back to that anymore. You can skip that waypoint to have lesser botish looking movements.

You need to set the profile option:

Code: Select all

<option name="DEBUG_WAYPOINT"		value="true" />
to activate that function.

There are two expert options to decide, if we will skip a waypoint:

WAYPOINT_PASS = 100,			-- skip a waypoint if we pass in distance x while fighting a mob (go to as melee)
WAYPOINT_PASS_DEGR = 90,		-- skip a waypoint if we touched one and the next is at least x degrees in front
We have to pass waypoint 1 at maximum in a distance of 'WAYPOINT_PASS' to allow to skip waypoint 1.

The value 'WAYPOINT_PASS_DEGR' means the grad value between the lines 'Fightend -> waypoint 1' and 'Fightend -> waypoint 2'. If the grad value between that two line is more then WAYPOINT_PASS_DEGR we will skip waypoint 1. That means as higher that value is, at more in front has the next waypoint 2 to be to qualifiy waypoint 1 for skipping.

You normaly don't need to change them. Perhaps we should adjust that values to some good defaults.
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

Steinmeier

Re: SVN 380: you can test the overrun function

#2 Post by Steinmeier » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:10 pm

Another great function.
Nice work!

DrG

#3 Post by DrG » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:42 am

d003232 wrote: There are two expert options to decide, if we will skip a waypoint:

WAYPOINT_PASS = 100,			-- skip a waypoint if we pass in distance x while fighting a mob (go to as melee)
WAYPOINT_PASS_DEGR = 90,		-- skip a waypoint if we touched one and the next is at least x degrees in front
We have to pass waypoint 1 at maximum in a distance of 'WAYPOINT_PASS' to allow to skip waypoint 1.

The value 'WAYPOINT_PASS_DEGR' means the grad value between the lines 'Fightend -> waypoint 1' and 'Fightend -> waypoint 2'. If the grad value between that two line is more then WAYPOINT_PASS_DEGR we will skip waypoint 1. That means as higher that value is, at more in front has the next waypoint 2 to be to qualifiy waypoint 1 for skipping.

You normaly don't need to change them. Perhaps we should adjust that values to some good defaults.
Thank you d003232 for this feature. 8-)

I only have one doubt.... I've to put the WAYPOINT_PASS = 100 and the WAYPOINT_PASS_DEGR = 90 in the profile or where i put them?

Later i'll try it and then report feedback. :)

d003232

#4 Post by d003232 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:46 am

DrG wrote:I only have one doubt.... I've to put the WAYPOINT_PASS = 100 and the WAYPOINT_PASS_DEGR = 90 in the profile or where i put them?
No you don't. That are the default values. You only have to put them into your profile, if you want to overwrite them with other values.
The RoM Bot Online Wiki needs your help!

DrG

#5 Post by DrG » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:00 am

:lol:

Thank you for the quick answer. :)

zaxahmed

#6 Post by zaxahmed » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:28 am

Can you please tell me where to change these values at? As in where is the function written, i cant seem to find it. Thanks