knight punishment during partybot stops the bot

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
lisa

Re: knight punishment during partybot stops the bot

#21 Post by lisa » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:43 am

So the game itself is crashing or just micromacro?

It only does this in new area and works fine in old zones?

Please provide as much info as you can and I might update a couple PC's and see if I can replicate it.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

MinMax

#22 Post by MinMax » Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:52 pm

There are game client crashes (german server). Only with the party bot. Micromacro doesn´t give an error (also nothing with debug).
Partyleader never crashes. (to change crashing follower to leader,now works good as leader)
Follower game clients chrash alternately, never together.
In the new zone minute by minute. In the old zone every five minutes. (Before the game patch i had never a client crash)
Crash always during fights before end.
I can run 6 times micromacro.All waypoints and zones are running smoothly. No Memory peak, no client crash.
Party ( Leader and 2 x DPS ), before client crashes, Memory peak 2GB higher then normally.

I work with the party since you wrote it. I didn´t change the settings. (checked). I have the newest versions of micromacro,rombot,userfunctions, addons, game client. No new addon.

Bubi

#23 Post by Bubi » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:54 pm

It's not a issue of the party.lua. With Rev. 761 (and higher) you need to update MM to 1.03.
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =21&t=5160
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 805#p51805

MinMax

#24 Post by MinMax » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:08 pm

i have MM 1,03

BlubBlab

#25 Post by BlubBlab » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:59 pm

I can tell you guys I didn't test it myself but so far I heard is that in the newest zone are extreme problems the client fps drops to the point of freeze every half hour, so normal players must restart the client too.

That maybe isn't the whole problem but is a part of it. I wasn't at the new zone until now. My client crash from time to time as well but not so extreme(I do not party bot) and I found a permanent solution by let the bot restart the client if it detect a crashed client.(Hell of debugging that was )
Jack-of-all-trades, but master-of-only of a few :D

My Reps:
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-with-OpenCV (My version of MM2 with OpenCV and for MS Visual Studio)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/rom-bot (rombot with no stop WP and advanced human emulation mode and some other extensions)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-2-Bot-Framework ( A work in progress )
My Tools : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6226

lisa

#26 Post by lisa » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:06 pm

Ok so party bot is using up much more resources than normal botting, I can understand that as it is doing a lot more memory reads, I might see if I can stream line it a little to reduce it's resources usage.

Going to head to new zone today, updated 2 PC's and I'll see how I go.

--=== Added ===--

Ok so I went to new zone (sybal pass) and did wander and also party for comparison, not in range to kill anything, just in camp.

--===Micromaco usage===--

wander mem usage 14,000 Kb
partydps not leader 18,000 Kb
partydps not leader with icon V 16,000 Kb
partydps leader 14,000 Kb

partyhealer 17,000 Kb

I even let them run for 30 mins to see if there was a table issue and mem usage just keeps going up but that wasn't the case.

So yeah I can't explain how your MM is getting to 2Gb or even explain it using more memory at all with party.

I'll start testing it actually killing things now.

--=== fighting ===--
partydps, not icons 17,000 Kb
partydps with icon fighting 16,000 Kb
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

amalia

#27 Post by amalia » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:10 am

So put in some more testing and unfortunately I cannot reproduce the first behaviour when the bot stops using skills after punishment but stills starts to move towards mobs and use attack. Even with the former party.lua. I am sure I tested it several times but now I cannnot reproduce again.

So at the moment the bot stops completly doing anything after using punishment on a mob when another party member meanwhile kills the mob.

I think micromacro is working fine, because I can still pause and resume the bot.

For the critting issue: I just wanted to complain about it because it makes me feel so AAAAAargh. The clients crits, not micromacro.
An it depends on the class, and on the addons. My scouts are critting more often than other classes. And on another computer with different addons they don´t crit more often than other classes. And sometimes when I cannot make one char pla longer than 3 minutes without crit then I log into the char from a second computer. And after that it works fine again also on the first one. It´s crazy and seems to have no real systematics. And yes with implementing the new zone you can have a great fps drop after a while. And you can get it on all chars in every zone. Even on low chars which have never even entered Sarlo. Restarting helps.
I don´t think this deals neccessary with the bot. It´s more an GF and RW issue because everybody is complaining about it. Also the nonbotusers.

lisa

#28 Post by lisa » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:56 pm

amalia wrote:So at the moment the bot stops completly doing anything after using punishment on a mob when another party member meanwhile kills the mob.
So it does use the skill and then stops or it says it uses the skill on MM but doesn't get to use the skill in game and so stops?

Have you tried to use the knight solo and see if anything weird happens when using the same skill?

Can you post what you use in profile for the skill?

Have you got anything in your profile events like onpreskillcast that relates to the skill?

BlubBlab

#29 Post by BlubBlab » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:57 pm

amalia wrote: [..]
For the critting issue: I just wanted to complain about it because it makes me feel so AAAAAargh. The clients crits, not micromacro.
An it depends on the class, and on the addons. My scouts are critting more often than other classes. And on another computer with different addons they don´t crit more often than other classes. And sometimes when I cannot make one char pla longer than 3 minutes without crit then I log into the char from a second computer. And after that it works fine again also on the first one. It´s crazy and seems to have no real systematics. And yes with implementing the new zone you can have a great fps drop after a while. And you can get it on all chars in every zone. Even on low chars which have never even entered Sarlo. Restarting helps.
I don´t think this deals neccessary with the bot. It´s more an GF and RW issue because everybody is complaining about it. Also the nonbotusers.
I don't know why my add-ons crashed I got a new pierce of equip on and now the client crashs every time I sell to pancer
On top of this I had twice since rocks update an "undefined Class1" error when changing zone.

I will try by removing some add-ons , (pc restart, wp change , wait pre post pancer all already tried, even changing skins)

EDIT:It reduced a littel the number sometimes I can now 1 or 2 times pass but then it crash again

New bug in the middle of nowhere

Code: Select all

local alive = memoryReadRepeat("int", getProc(), self.Address + addresses.charAlive_offset);
	local fading = memoryReadRepeat("int", getProc(), self.Address + addresses.pawnFading_offset);

self.Alive = (alive < 8) and (fading == 0); --this is line 372

5:37am - ...xxx/Documents/micromacro3/scripts/rb2/classes/pawn.lua:372: attemp
t to compare nil with number
By the way a player/char can fading by something else then dying -> teleport that explain why the bot had one time thought that the char was dead but wasn't. :evil:

My Reps:
https://github.com/BlubBlab/Micromacro-with-OpenCV (My version of MM2 with OpenCV and for MS Visual Studio)
https://github.com/BlubBlab/rom-bot (rombot with no stop WP and advanced human emulation mode and some other extensions)

rock5

#30 Post by rock5 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:50 am

I'd say there has to be something wrong with your code. Both errors are related to doing updates (probably player:update()) while teleporting. It shouldn't be doing that. Your code for teleporting should wait until the teleporting is complete before giving player:update a chance to run again. That or you have a userfunction with a registered timer that includes a player:update(). But still, if you are using waitForLoadingScreen() then registered timers shouldn't be a problem because waitForLoadingScreen() doesn't yield. So how are you doing your teleporting?
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

Bill D Cat

#31 Post by Bill D Cat » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:49 am

rock5 wrote:I'd say there has to be something wrong with your code. Both errors are related to doing updates (probably player:update()) while teleporting. It shouldn't be doing that. Your code for teleporting should wait until the teleporting is complete before giving player:update a chance to run again. That or you have a userfunction with a registered timer that includes a player:update(). But still, if you are using waitForLoadingScreen() then registered timers shouldn't be a problem because waitForLoadingScreen() doesn't yield. So how are you doing your teleporting?
I wonder if this has anything to do with the problem I described in another thread. Any zone change, whether via load screen or physically passing from one zone to another causes the bot to think I've died.

http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =21&t=5185

rock5

#32 Post by rock5 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:00 am

I'd say the dying issue is the same. I'm not sure what's causing the crashing. It might be related but not likely.

I think the simple solution is to have the 'fading' only apply to mobs. That's what it was added for in the first place.

Try this pawn.lua.
Attachments
pawn.lua
(29.28 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.

BlubBlab

#33 Post by BlubBlab » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:11 am

rock5 wrote:I'd say there has to be something wrong with your code. Both errors are related to doing updates (probably player:update()) while teleporting. It shouldn't be doing that. Your code for teleporting should wait until the teleporting is complete before giving player:update a chance to run again. That or you have a userfunction with a registered timer that includes a player:update(). But still, if you are using waitForLoadingScreen() then registered timers shouldn't be a problem because waitForLoadingScreen() doesn't yield. So how are you doing your teleporting?
Sry I was a little heated up yesterday , the problem occurred when I relogged I know wait a little longer after the relog and recheck it
but I has maybe something do to with the problem that I relog after a crash and the bot continue right where it was in the script so I enforce now an update() right after the relog is done.

yeah and I would say too the problem with fading is the same, my guess is you look at the fading flag of the animation and a player/char can fading without necessary dying like I said.

My Reps:

rock5

#34 Post by rock5 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:33 am

Well, try my pawn.lua then. It doesn't use the 'fading' for player.

Bill D Cat

#35 Post by Bill D Cat » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:56 pm

That fixed the deaths when changing zones but something else has changed that is causing all my player:target() calls to not function. I have no issue with player:target_NPC() or player:target_Object() calls. I would guess that it might be a change in the pawn class regarding the fade fix.

rock5

#36 Post by rock5 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:27 pm

player:target doesn't check anything so it should still work. In fact target_NPC and target_Object both use player:target so player:target does work. I think you need to look for some other cause of your problem. Maybe double check that you actually found a target before using player:target.

Bill D Cat

#37 Post by Bill D Cat » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:12 am

This is a waypoint I use in Coast of Opportunity towards the beginning of the zone quest chain. You speak to the NPC, then target and kill a Practice Dummy. Using player:target() fails to target the dummy, but editing the waypoint and changing it to player:target_NPC() works just fine. I'm standing right in front of the target, and rom/getid confirms the ID that I'm using for the target and the distance is about 65. The bot just gets caught in a loop here and doesn't give any error.

<!-- # 47 --><waypoint x="-8624" z="-6798" y="22">
			player:target_NPC(117327); -- Fantos Chalissius
			AcceptQuestByName(423784); -- Battle Practice
			player:target(105243); -- Practice Dummy
			repeat
				player:fight()
			until getQuestStatus(423784) ~= "incomplete"
			player:target_NPC(117327); -- Fantos Chalissius
			CompleteQuestByName(423784); -- Battle Practice
	</waypoint>

Edit: Just want to the location of the practice dummy and opened two MM windows. In the first I have rom/getid running, and in the second the command line. At a distance of 60, player:target(105243) will not target the dummy. I moved in to a range of 40, same thing. And at ranges of 20 and even 3(!) it would not target the dummy. Executing a player:target_NPC(105243) at all those ranges worked fine.

I'd like to get this resolved, as some of my waypoints rely on targeting a yellow or red named mob without attacking it. Unfortunately, using player:target_NPC() will attack it. (Oblivion Shrine Guardian is one example where you want to target and NOT attack.)

rock5

#38 Post by rock5 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:41 am

player:target targets a pawn or pawn address. Eg.

local dummy = player:findNearestNameOrId(105243)
player:target(dummy)

Bill D Cat

#39 Post by Bill D Cat » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:49 am

Yeah, I realized that just as soon as I looked at my Elven Island waypoints. Late night coding is going to cause me to make those kinds of mistakes. I've updated the waypoints I was having problems with and will try to run through them again in the morning.

:oops: :oops: :oops: