daily sascilia

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Tzapasa

daily sascilia

#1 Post by Tzapasa » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:36 pm

Can any1 help me with a scrit to Accept daily quest "peace in the camp" and when its comeplet to go and finish and after accept it again

Tzapasa

Re: daily sascilia

#2 Post by Tzapasa » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:02 am

so no1 can help me with this ? :(

rock5

#3 Post by rock5 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:55 am

This is a very basic quest. If you are going to be a botter then you will need to learn how to make a simple script like this. If someone made this for you they wouldn't be doing you a favour. But I'll give you some tips to get started.

First plan what the script has to do.
- It needs to accept the quest near Harnidy.
- walk to killing area
- kill until quest is finished
- return to Harnidy
- Complete quest.
- check if you've done all 10.
Note: because the first and last waypoint is at the same location and it's tricky to get the waypoint to start at the right point, I usually just make it one waypoint that does "complete quest, check if you've done 10, accept quest".

Now we will create the basic waypoint file using createpath and edit it later.

- Starting next to Harnidy, start the createpath script and mark your first point there
- Then make your way to the killing area marking waypoints along the way.
- When you first get to the killing area take note of your location and make a comment in the waypoint file by pressing "Numpad_0" and type something like "-- killstart"
- Now walk in a circle around the killing area, marking waypoints and keeping your distance from obstacle such as rocks and trees until you are back at the "killstart" waypoint. The size of the area you cover will depend on how fast the mobs respawn.
- At this point the script will have to decide if it should go around again, because it hasn't finished the quest, or if it should return to Harnidy to complete it, so we will need to mark this point too. Press "Numpad_0" again and type "-- killend".
- Now walk back to Harnidy marking waypoints along the way.
- You are done so press "Numpad_3" to save the file.

Now comes the editing. It helps to have another daily script to copy and paste commands from but I'll assume you don't have one. It also helps to have a proper script editor. Notepade++ is often recommended and is free. So if you don't have one, get it.

Before we start editing though, I'll explain about xml tags and where to pull the lua code. Lua code is the things you want the bot to do at those waypoints. Nearly all xml tags start with <tag name> and end with </tag name>. They can have other information such as the waypoints that have "x", "y","z" values included in the tag. There is really only 3 valid tags used in waypoint files. The waypoints tag that starts and ends the whole waypoint file. The waypoint tag that starts and ends each waypoint and the onload tag that you can add to execute code when the file is first loaded. All lua code must go between either the waypoint or onload tags. If you accidentally put code outside of tags, it wont get executed.

So after opening the file the first thing we will do is add the code for waypoint 1. Remember I said we would do "complete quest, check if you've done 10, accept quest". It would look something like this

Code: Select all

CompletQuestByName("Peace in the camp") yrest(1000)
if RoMScript("Daily_count()") == 10 then
   error("Not really an error but the end of the script")
end
AcceptQuestByName("Peace in the camp")
Next look for the "-- killstart" comment. We are going to mark this waypoint so that we can loop to it if we need to go around again to kill more mobs. We add a 'tag' argument to the waypoint (not to be confused with 'xml tags' I was talking about earlier). This is not lua but an added argument that is added near the x,z,y values. Edit this bit

<waypoint X=nnn Y=nnn Z=nnn>
to

<waypoint X=nnn Y=nnn Z=nnn tag="killstart">
Next find "-- killend". This is the waypoint where you check to see if you need to kill more grass. Change the comment to

if getQuestStatus("Peace in the camp") ~= "incomplete" then
   __WPL:setWaypointIndex(__WPL:findWaypointTag("killstart"))
end
Note: if the quest state is not "incomplete" then it will head back to the npc.

And that's it. As your first basic waypoint file that should work.
Hope that helps.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

abron1

#4 Post by abron1 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:36 am

thanks roc I have been trying to make quest waypoints for a while and always get stuck now this is a good place for me to keep coming back to for tips