Andor Training Range again (help request)

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
Edamh

Re: Andor Training Range again (help request)

#41 Post by Edamh » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:50 pm

I tried both versions 2.0 and 3.2 but I get the same error message. Could today's patch have introduced something?

Error message is

Code: Select all

We try to find NPC 121035:
We successfully target NPC Kate Wesker and try to open the dialog window.
Did not find any crashed game clients.
3:48pm - scripts\rom/bot.lua:508: onLoad error: [string "..."]:11: attempt to ca
ll global 'getTEXT' (a nil value)

Please enter the script name to run.
Type in 'exit' (without quotes) to exit.
Script>
Any thoughts? Thanks.

lisa

#42 Post by lisa » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:21 pm

getTEXT is a bot function, what revision are you using?

If you have to use an older bot revision because of using an older game client then just make up a userfunction with this.

function getTEXT(text)
	if not text or type(text) ~= "string" then return end
	local resultTEXT = RoMScript("TEXT(\""..text.."\")")
	for subTEXT in string.gmatch(resultTEXT,"%[(.-)%]") do
		local translatedSubTEXT = RoMScript("TEXT(\""..subTEXT.."\")")
		if translatedSubTEXT ~= subTEXT then
			resultTEXT = string.gsub(resultTEXT, "%["..subTEXT.."%]", translatedSubTEXT)
		end
	end

return resultTEXT
end
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

Edamh

#43 Post by Edamh » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:54 pm

Ah. Thanks, Lisa. I updated MM and the rombot. No errors thereafter.

mschmitd

#44 Post by mschmitd » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:05 am

@Lisa

Andor Training V2.0 works without problems !
but V3.2 waits for the system message "Go" and doesn't start
killing the mobs (i can see the message "Go!!!" on my Screen) .
I use MM V1.03 and the newest version from Client + Bot.
Do you have any idea what is wrong ?

Greetings Mike

sry for my bad English

lisa

#45 Post by lisa » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:42 am

If you go to this topic
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... =27&t=2516
I have a more in depth write up for using monitors, it has some tests and such as well.

The most common issue is not having an addon that sets the time in game.
If you don't currently have an addon to give the os.time() function in game then you will need an addon like d303fix
http://rom.curse.com/downloads/rom-addo ... 03fix.aspx
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

mschmitd

#46 Post by mschmitd » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:16 am

@Lisa

Thanks for your quick answer
i installed the d03fix this solved my problem
after that Andor Training V3.2 works perfectly :D

thank you very much
Greetings Mike

kenzu38

#47 Post by kenzu38 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:03 pm

Hey lisa, got interested in this Andor waypoint since it gives shells now. Just tested it and it works except that it doesn't kill the fast tortoises. Is this by design or is it just that something's wrong with my setup?

Also, I tried arena mode, the game ends with wave 10 or is this connected with the fast tortoises not getting killed?

lisa

#48 Post by lisa » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:46 pm

kenzu38 wrote:Just tested it and it works except that it doesn't kill the fast tortoises. Is this by design or is it just that something's wrong with my setup?
I did add in the ID for those fast running ones but for some reason it just never attacked them, fortunately those fast running ones can be ignored. When you kill them they give you an additional skill and the bot isn;t set up to use them.
kenzu38 wrote:Also, I tried arena mode, the game ends with wave 10 or is this connected with the fast tortoises not getting killed?
Could be that it got to the specified points to stop at or could be that time ran out? only you would know that answer.

Fortunately points don't actually matter when it comes to rewards, you can literally start event and do nothing and get same rewards as getting 4500 points.

kenzu38

#49 Post by kenzu38 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:22 pm

Could be that it got to the specified points to stop at or could be that time ran out? only you would know that answer.
There's no time limit in arena mode so time running out is out of the picture. And I set the requiredscore to 7000 so if I'd have to guess, then I think it's connected to the fast tortoises not being killed. I think in arena mode, you also have to kill those fast ones unlike in timed mode.
Fortunately points don't actually matter when it comes to rewards, you can literally start event and do nothing and get same rewards as getting 4500 points.
Nah they changed it with the latest patch. Like I said, I only got interested in Andor WP now that it also rewards Phirius Shells. So if you do nothing, you get no shells. The more you score, the more shells you get, although still don't know how much is the minimum score you have to get for 30 shells which is the max you can get if you're level 50 and above.

Anyway, thanks for the fast reply. It's just bugging me that I can't get high score in arena mode. But it's not really important since in timed mode I get at least 5k everytime.
Last edited by kenzu38 on Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

lisa

#50 Post by lisa » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:35 pm

I did it last week and got like 300 points and got 10 shells (timed), more testing would reveal how the system works, I literally had 30 chars running every day to test it out previously to determine if points made any change to rewards.

kenzu38

#51 Post by kenzu38 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:50 pm

you can literally start event and do nothing and get same rewards as getting 4500 points.
Just did this with one of my chars and he did get mats but no phirius shells.
I did it last week and got like 300 points and got 10 shells (timed)
Then that must be the minimum for getting 10 shells.

lisa

#52 Post by lisa » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:18 am

At first tests, seems if you complete round 1 you get 10 shells, if you don't complete round 1 you get 0 shells.
score 89, 10 shells
score 89, 10 shells
score 1636, 10 shells
score 1636, 10 shells
If you get more than 10 shells in a timed andy then possibly it goes by level?
Those 2 were done on lvl 55 chars.

lvl 66 got 10 shells aswell with score 1500, so not really lvl based.

kenzu38

#53 Post by kenzu38 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:07 am

I see, then possibly they're basing the shells rewards by rounds completed. I remember earlier, the char that did arena mode and completed only up to wave 10 got only 20 shells while all my chars who got 5k or more points in timed mode completed at least up to wave 16 got 30.

Will test some more later. I prefer running this minigame now than survival as this only takes 3 minutes for 30 shells.

rock5

#54 Post by rock5 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:40 am

kenzu38 wrote:I prefer running this minigame now than survival as this only takes 3 minutes for 30 shells.
In that case isn't cot the best? That's 50 shells in about 4 minutes.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

kenzu38

#55 Post by kenzu38 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:41 pm

Yes, CoT is still the best but since I am also running survival for shells farming, I prefer this game now over it since survival takes 7 - 8 minutes for the same amount of shells Andor gives in 3 minutes.

legoson

#56 Post by legoson » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:43 pm

How do I make the script do arena? it seems to do timed every time. i have locks piling up on my characters :P

Also I think its score lvl based. most i've received from it is 30 shells and it was round 14 or 15.

kenzu38

#57 Post by kenzu38 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:58 am

legoson wrote:How do I make the script do arena? it seems to do timed every time. i have locks piling up on my characters :P
If you are using lisa's WP, just find the line

-- ChoiceOptionByName("Register for timed training")
Notice it's got -- so remove that and replace the word timed with arena. And then put -- at the start of the line directly below it and that's it.
legoson wrote:Also I think its score lvl based. most i've received from it is 30 shells and it was round 14 or 15.
I think 30 is the max you can get. And tested a bit with a few characters, and I think putting 2900 in the requiredscore will guarantee you 30 shells.

wps

#58 Post by wps » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:53 pm

lisa wrote:

Command> yrest(2000) local tt = getTime() for i = 1,2000 do player:update() end print(deltaTime(getTime(),tt))
6651.666067854 -- MM as focus
Command> yrest(2000) local tt = getTime() for i = 1,2000 do player:update() end print(deltaTime(getTime(),tt))
5793.4984345327 -- Notepad++ as focus
it might not seem like much difference but in a WP like andortraining that little difference makes a huge difference to performance.
2 second rest before starting the code to give you time to click on something else before it starts.
I don't know why I can only achieve 15xx before testing this script.
My PC runs this test script
52xxx best(focus on MM), 62xxx worst(focus on ROM or Notepad++).
I closed all the other programs and disable realtime antivirus scanning, but it's not improved
This PC is Intel Core2 Duo 2.53GHz, 2G RAM DDR2, is this really that old?

rock5

#59 Post by rock5 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:54 am

The difference used to be a LOT worse due to a micromacro programming issue. That's been mainly resolved. I'm not aware of anything it does more when not in focus compared to when in focus. In fact it does a little bit more code when in focus so theoretically it should be taking longer.

Maybe it's just the system assigning less processing power to non focused windows. I did notice that if you remove the player:update() the difference seems negligible. So maybe it's a communication issue instead. Maybe the communication is better with the client when focused. Sorry, but at this point I'm just guessing.

By the way, that test took 47000ms on my computer, WTF. I had to reduce it to 200 loops to do further testing. I have a quad core 2.4 with 6G ram. Lisa must have a kick ass system.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#60 Post by lisa » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:15 am

laptop is around 6 years old now, scores 5.5 on that windows performance thingy, so not that kick ass really.

I went to run the tests again to compare the current bot/MM but game needs to patch before I can do any testing lol

ok current bot and MM =(

Command> yrest(2000) local tt = getTime() for i = 1,200 do player:update() end print(deltaTime(getTime(),tt))
14546.479930153 -- MM
Command> yrest(2000) local tt = getTime() for i = 1,200 do player:update() end print(deltaTime(getTime(),tt))
16415.113708514 -- Notepad ++
Notice the 200 and not 2000, something very different from when I did the tests originally =(
Still a difference between notepad and MM as focus though.