Party Bot (questions/answers)

Runes of Magic/Radiant Arcana (http://www.runesofmagic.com)
lisa

Re: Party Bot (questions/answers)

#181 Post by lisa » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:39 am

you can give this a test if you want.
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

wiki here http://www.solarstrike.net/wiki/index.php?title=Manual

abron1

#182 Post by abron1 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:42 am

will do, i didn't come this far! lol to give up now

lisa

#183 Post by lisa » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:58 am

Thinking of adding something to playermoveto to make it wait for other party members if a profile option is set to true.

Looks like this

Code: Select all

if settings.profile.options.PARTYLEADER_WAIT and GetPartyMemberName(1) then
		if not checkparty(150) then 
			releaseKeys()
			repeat yrest(500) self:updateBattling() until checkparty(150) or self.Battling
		end
	end
So basically if the party leader(not a party bot) is doing it's own path and if the other party members are out of range it will wait for them, it also checks for agro and so will break the loop if it gets attacked.

Testing seems ok so far.

At the same time I am testing using player:moveTo() aswell as the usual follow command

pcheck = GetPartyMemberAddress(partynum)
	if pcheck then whofollow = CPawn(pcheck.Address) end
	if whofollow and distance(whofollow.X,whofollow.Z,player.X,player.Z) > 150 then
		player:moveTo(CWaypoint(whofollow.X,whofollow.Z),true,nil,50)
		RoMScript("FollowUnit('party"..partynum.."');");
	else
	end
Remember no matter you do in life to always have a little fun while you are at it ;)

abron1

#184 Post by abron1 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:27 am

yeah lisa so far so good

i did the new instance and no crashes and i ran it about 5 times so far

rock5

#185 Post by rock5 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:41 am

If you are going to use 'followunit' either way then you can shorten your code to

end
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

lisa

#186 Post by lisa » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:47 am

rock5 wrote:If you are going to use 'followunit' either way then you can shorten your code to
Very true, originally I didn't have the follow straight after the moveto, it was an after thought ;)

I racked up about 12mil XP debt during the course of today sorting this out, seems to be working nicely now though =)

lisa

#187 Post by lisa » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:12 am

commited 753, leaving it at that for the day.
Any issues just post them and I'll sort it out tomorrow.

abron1

#188 Post by abron1 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:57 pm

all is great until you leave and break party the party characters error

Engaging enemy [Arena Loot] in combat.
We begin the fight with ranged pulling.
Ranged pulling finished, mob in melee distance.
Fight finished. Killed 2 Arena Loot. (fight #7 / runtime 9 minutes)
We didn't move to the loot!? Root buff? Missing 'click to move' option?
Clearing target.
Use MACRO: WARDEN_PROTECTION_OF=>   <UNKNOWN> (0/1000)
Targeting portal 112224, range 47.929762494496
Player address changed: 0x404F3700
Ranged skill found: WARDEN_ANTI-MAGIC_ARROW
I should be through the portal now
Party member 1 has the name of My Warden 
Party member 1 has the name of  My Warden
Party member 1 has the name of  My Warden
Did not find any crashed game clients.
12:52am - ...er/Desktop/micromacro/scripts/rom/classes/player.lua:3600: bad argu
ment #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

lisa

#189 Post by lisa » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:40 pm

It was the mount check, this should fix it.

dr-nuker

#190 Post by dr-nuker » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:56 pm

No question for now but i have to say that this is a very nice feature for the bot.
I actually do not use too many features of it but it's very compfortable to use the partychat as trigger event ;)
So my nooby can tell a stronger char that he is around and waits for the next progress in an ini.

Very nice !

abron1

#191 Post by abron1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:51 am

downloaded the new party lua and still when i destroy group to reset a instance all party bots error with

Did not find any crashed game clients.
1:46am - ...er/Desktop/micromacro/scripts/rom/classes/player.lua:3600: bad argum
ent #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

lisa

#192 Post by lisa » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:42 am

Only one other possibility for it, try this 1.

WonderBoB

#193 Post by WonderBoB » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:13 am

Lisa The changes you made still have errors, I looked over the file and here is the code causing errors:Lines 193 -197

pcheck = GetPartyMemberAddress(partynum)
	if pcheck then whofollow = CPawn(pcheck.Address) end
	end
from what I can tell pcheck is causing an error in player.lua .... my guess undeclared variable or function.

Attached is a working file. tested 12 hours 0 errors
Attachments
party.lua
This is just a fix till Lisa can correct the code in the official 753 file.
(17.12 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Life without code is like sex without a partner..

Checkout my Midnight Whispers Dailies in Merdhin Tundra
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 420#p48420

lisa

#194 Post by lisa » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:16 am

WonderBoB wrote:from what I can tell pcheck is causing an error in player.lua
I don't see how that is possible, what is this error you are getting because I have looked at the code in party.lua and I can't find any faults in it.

If anything it might just need to update the coords before the distance check, the coords are probably updated in the player:fight() anyway so it shouldn't cause any issues.

lisa

#195 Post by lisa » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:41 am

Just tested it in HoS first 3 bosses, 1 partyhealer, 2 partyDPS and me controling main DPS.

Went through with no deaths, no idea what issues you are having but I am not getting them.
I even used the teleport thingies inside to go back to entrance.

Ok issue you are having is only when you leave party, true?

The actual problem is in functions.lua in GetPartyMemberAddress()

try these

--=== rev 754 ===--

WonderBoB

#196 Post by WonderBoB » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:47 am

Yes Lisa the problem is the error when you break party, I personally do not have any issues as I found and fixed mine. I just noticed that you had posted 2 different party.lua files trying to fix the other persons errror on party leave and neither of them worked, So I was giving you the location of the code that was causeing the issue in my party.lua, then provided a party.lua file that would work for the person as a band aid till you could fix the error with GetPartyMemberAddress() .. when you leave party. Just trying to help you narrow down the problem thats all.
Life without code is like sex without a partner..

Checkout my Midnight Whispers Dailies in Merdhin Tundra
http://www.solarstrike.net/phpBB3/viewt ... 420#p48420

rock5

#197 Post by rock5 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:24 am

I've updated the bot (rev 754) with the latest version of party.lua available here.
  • Please consider making a small donation to me to support my continued contributions to the bot and this forum. Thank you. Donate
  • I check all posts before reading PMs. So if you want a fast reply, don't PM me but post a topic instead. PM me for private or personal topics only.
  • How to: copy and paste in micromacro

kenzu38

#198 Post by kenzu38 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:30 am

lisa wrote:To make party bot automatically check for the party leaders target would be a waste, IMHO.

Just set up little macros that do the party chats for you and then add the macros to a side bar, it's very easy.

BTW this topic is obsolete now, head to this topic for party bot questions/answers.
Well, I'd like to be able to use the party bot to level my alts fast when there's a double exp event. And it would be much easier to level if you can join in any butterfly party. But typing the code to party chat would expose you as a botter to other raid members straight out.

So I'm looking for a way to avoid any typing of codes. So I thought a way to do this is to let the bot monitor the NPCs that the char I'm playing manually is targeting.

Is there a code that can do this?

lisa

#199 Post by lisa » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:49 am

using partybot for a butterfly raid wouldn't be a good idea, just run each character with a WP to do the quest, the issues you would get for running partybot in a public raid would be to much of a pain.
They would be trying to buff or heal the entire raid, if set as DPS then you may aswell just run a WP for the quest.

Seems to me you should just do up something specific for exactly what you want instead of trying to make party bot do exactly what you want, which wouldn't really benefit anyone else, I have to think of everyone when I do code for this.

Is it possible, of course but you would need to do it for exactly what you want and I can only guess as to what you want with the very little details given.

See now me I would do this.
On main I would just ride and invite the alts to ride mount and then when back at butterflies area just dismount and rinse and repeat, 6 seater mount is awesome for that.

So I would:
change aai addon to autoaccept mount invites aswell as party invites
use the addon that auto completes/accepts specific quests
set MM to look for the NPC for the quest and when in # distance to target that NPC so the addon can complete/accept the quest.

You could probably just make up an addon that will auto target the NPC and not even need to use MM at all.

None of which belongs in party bot and you probably don't want to do them anyway and you want something completely different.

kenzu38

#200 Post by kenzu38 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:36 am

lisa wrote:using partybot for a butterfly raid wouldn't be a good idea, just run each character with a WP to do the quest, the issues you would get for running partybot in a public raid would be to much of a pain.
They would be trying to buff or heal the entire raid, if set as DPS then you may aswell just run a WP for the quest.
That's exactly what I wanna do. I wanna run partydps on all the alts.

Although, running a waypoint looks very bottish too. I ran some butterfly wps I found on here and they do look bottish. And looking bottish is exactly what I'm avoiding.
lisa wrote:Is it possible, of course but you would need to do it for exactly what you want and I can only guess as to what you want with the very little details given.
What I want really is what I have stated so far. I just want the bot to recognize if the party leader's target is an NPC and not a mob. And if it is, then target that NPC as well and do a romscript to accept and complete all quests.

But if you say this is possible and it's just that you don't want it in the party bot code then sure I will just try to code this myself.

Problem is, I don't know where to start. How do I make the bot evaluate a party leader's target? If it's an NPC or mob. If I knew how to do this, then I think the rest of the code is pretty easy to figure out. So can you help me with the code for evaluating the leader's target?
lisa wrote:See now me I would do this.
On main I would just ride and invite the alts to ride mount and then when back at butterflies area just dismount and rinse and repeat, 6 seater mount is awesome for that.
Hmm a 6 seater would be nice if only we had that on our server. Seems like a private server mount. So I wouldn't be able to do it like that.